waterfowl recipes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbhntr

waterfowl recipes

Post by xbhntr »

Tired of the same old roasted duck and goose meals. Stir-fry breast strips are O.K. Is their any other cooking methods for duck and geese? Ray.
the elf

waterfowl recipes

Post by the elf »

Wrap ducks and geese with bacon strips and cook on a B.B.Q.--with a rotisserie---my mouth is watering just thinking about it. :lol: :lol:
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Mallard: Breast out the two halves. Cut, at slight angle across grain, into medallions about 1/2" thick. Dredge in seasoned four: flour, salt, pepper, your favorite spice if any, and a teaspoon of cinnamon (not kidding, it's the mystery spice they will be wondering about). Brown in a bit of olive oil. Add a container full of fresh whole but smallish white mushrooms and some thawed but previously pearl onions and cup of Burgundy wine. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.

Goose breast make the best jerky as well as brats I've tasted to date.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

my favorite --infact this recipe has been known to make duck hunters out of those who hated duck meat..
DUCK BITS
marinate bite size pieces of any duck in Lawrys teraki seasoning at least 24 hours..Ive done it for 2 days and its even better
take bacon strip cut in half..( full strip to much bacon for one duck bit)
lay bacon on counter place into bacon slice duck piece with 1 jalpeno slice and a piece of colby jack cheese. roll up and tooth pick together..
cook on grill until toothpick ends are burned off turning regularly ..dont cook to much duck is best medium..
you will have bit size poppers..take out tooth pick ofcourse pop in mouth enjoy..I love them..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Boo

Post by Boo »

My wife makes fillets of about 1/2", beats them to tenderize, bread crumbs them and browns them. She does a whole whack of them and freezes them. They are cooked in spaghetti sauce and are just awesome! Karin does this with duck, geese and turkey and it's my favorite way to eat these birds.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Boo - we're coming for supper! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Boo

Post by Boo »

VixChix wrote:Boo - we're coming for supper! :lol: :lol: :lol:
When? Come with an empty stomach!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bukee

Post by bukee »

Here is my favourite way to eat goose breasts. If you like pulled BBQ sandwich then you will love this.

Take as many breasts as will fit in your crock pot and slice into 1/4-1/2" slices across the breast. Check carefully for shot.

Throw all of the sliced goose breast in a crockpot. Cover with apple cider and sprinkle some brown sugar in there....do not over do it on the brown sugar.

Let simmer on low for 7-9 hrs or until the meat falls apart as you stir it.

Drain liquid completely and discard.

Break meat up with wooden spoon or fork as you would see in a pulled pork recipe.......meat will be falling apart easy at this point.

Return "pulled" meat to crock pot, add an ample amount of your favourite BBQ sauce and cook on lowest setting for 20 minutes.You can also add chopped onions, peppers, garlic, or any other veggie you like at this point.

Take your favourite roll and add a heaping laddle of the goose meat.....yummmie. Watch out, vegetarians and vegans will be coming back for seconds.
maple

Post by maple »

I think that's the key.....cook goose for 7-9 hours.....

Maple
bukee

Post by bukee »

maple wrote:I think that's the key.....cook goose for 7-9 hours.....

Maple
This recipe calls for it, thats why they made crock pots, for loooong sloooow cocking. But, some of the best ways to prepare goose breast is medium rare on the BBQ.

Don't knock it till you try it, cooked properly that is.
kmtpr

Post by kmtpr »

All these recipes sound awesome! I have only had roast duck and never had goose, but might try it one day. Does it have both light and dark meat like chicken or turkey? Guess, I'm wondering what does goose taste like?
Am a non-hunting woman who supports hunting and crossbows!

I rather be hated for standing up for what I believe in, than be popular by going against my beliefs.

NRA Golden Eagles & ILA, NJOA
stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper »

I use shake n bake and stick them in the oven just like chicken. There are some new crunchy flavors that are awesome. I did some grouse on Sunday in the ranch flavor and the wife didn't realize they weren't chicken.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I prefer goose breast over duck. I haven't any duck that I enjoyed yet, so I won't hunt 'em.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.