Getting there early and staying late

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

I stay as late as I can because sometimes the last 1 minute of legal shooting light is the best minute of the sit.
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_17947.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/725352.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/01.jpg[/img][/url]
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Great advice I will be bringin the flashlight/headlight for now on!!
The best things in life are not things!!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am always in an hour and a half early, I wear an Eternalight on my neck that always glows blue, and another light in my hand that I leave off, walk for a bit then wave in the sky every now and then to let anyone know I am there.

This year I am setting up my blind in the middle of December, bringing my heater and a some reading material and staying all night just to see what happens after the sun goes down, I am thinking I have a lot of night time deer here and I want to see them. In an average night between my evening and morning hunt it looks like 8-10 deer walk past a little cubby I hacked in to the tree line(the light daily snow is a give away). I am even considering having the wife swing out at sunset on the quad and swap me my bow for some night vision, my camera and a big thermos of coffee.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Pydpiper wrote:...This year I am setting up my blind in the middle of December, bringing my heater and a some reading material and staying all night just to see what happens after the sun goes down...
Woooo--- that's HARDCORE! If I'm staying up all night, I could think of more interesting things to do!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

VixChix wrote:Woooo--- that's HARDCORE! If I'm staying up all night, I could think of more interesting things to do!
Why, Vix!

I'm shocked. :shock:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Grizz
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I meant KNITTING!!!!

Git yer mind outta the gutter!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

VixChix wrote:I meant KNITTING!!!!

Is that what they are calling it now Vix?
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

thats a good idea to mention Bob..I was hunting on some public land last year and a guy came stormin past me in a hurry to get to a spot. I saw him at the road and I left before he did soon he was on my tail and started by me..NO LIGHT..I said "bud there is guys out here who will shoot at sound in the woods way before they see a deer" He couldnt believe me so i knew he was a city boy anyway he turned that light on quick as went on..

Vix Vix Vix
Knitting my A__ when did that ever become interesting?
you aint fooling nobody :shock: :oops: :D
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I always try to get in to my stand a bare minimum 1 hour prior to shooting light. The sit prior to shooting light is generally longer though. I like it to be quiet for as long as possible, within reason of course.

Evening hunts I pack up pretty much right at the last minute of legal shooting light.

I don't always use a flashlight. Only in areas that I need it to navigate.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
subneural

Post by subneural »

Kelley wrote:
VixChix wrote:I meant KNITTING!!!!

Is that what they are calling it now Vix?
hahaha Vix you are BUSTED!
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

You mean you guys don't think knitting a nice warm pair of mitts would be more exciting than just trying to stay awake?!?!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I can just picture it .A deer looking at the blind as it hears a weird clicking noise coming from it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dutchhunter

huntijng

Post by dutchhunter »

n ontario the definition of huntinh is very wide laying in wait on the trail of and such we muct carry a case with us before light and after light i find it is nice to be early but sometimes it pays to wait to be able to see beore entering hunting area DUTCH
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

VixChix wrote:Image

You mean you guys don't think knitting a nice warm pair of mitts would be more exciting than just trying to stay awake?!?!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
UUHHH! Yea Yea real nice like subneural said if thats what you wanna call it. I say real exciting and just be careful with them big long needles..Ü
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Not that I'm trying to redeem this thread or anything :wink: ... but on a serious (and relevant) note:

Wasn't there once a device marketed for hunters that was actually a small strobe light that you wore on your head to alert others to your presence?

Anyone else remember such a thing?
Grizz