Post by wabi »

Don't use one (yet), but it's an Excalibur accessory -
(scroll down)
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/m ... tent_id=98
wabi
awshucks

Re: Mounting a rangefinder??

Post by awshucks »

planter wrote:I'm interested after watching Bill T whack that buffalo on putting my Nikon 440 on my Pheonix. Is there some sort of standard mount and can I take it off on the way into the woods?

It did look like Bill was using a Bushnell that has a horizontal rather than a vertical orientation like the 440. Does that make a diff? :)
I know a little about them. The mount is held on by a 3rd ring upside down on your scope. The mount comes off easily. If you notice early in the Buff vid, the mount sans rf was on his bow. I'd be willing to bet he Blue Loc-tited the screw/nut on 3rd ring.

I had lost a mount w/ rf on it in La on a hog hunt on 1600 acres. The bow was on the rack on back of my 4 whlr and the screw/nut on ring worked loose. Adios Bushnell. Hello Mal-Wart. [25 miles away and they had one rf in stock 250 miles from home].

Now, I've never tried this, but would think you could mount a vert type rf horz if you were willing to put up w/ the PITA of reading it bass akwards.

This forum abounds in tinkers, tweakers, gadget guys, ect. I'm sure somebody has played w/ this one already.

How about it y'all?
"Eze 18:21"
bradm

Post by bradm »

I thought about getting one, it would be useful for the range finder plus I would try and put a video camera on top to try and capture the action. I have a Groundpounder mount so I think that I will have to remove the quiver in order to use it.
Theres a place for all gods animals, Right beside the mashed potatoes and gravy.