compound vs recurve

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chadermaran

compound vs recurve

Post by chadermaran »

OMG! My exocet is a monster. I put the scope on it today and I didnt even have to adjust anything. Being 6'2" tall I still find I have to shorten the cocking string to get it cocked. i am thinking it is just my bad elbow and shoulder, but once shortened not a problem. My compound crossbow does not even compare with this bow. I will never shoot wheels again. My son is happy tho, he inherited my horton. Now to get out in the woods.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

welcome to the recurve world;)

im 6'2 also and you still have to use some back muscle to get that extra 1-2inches fully cocked:)

these are top notch bows 8)
Phoenix_Tom

Re: compound vs recurve

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

chadermaran wrote:OMG! My exocet is a monster. I put the scope on it today and I didnt even have to adjust anything. Being 6'2" tall I still find I have to shorten the cocking string to get it cocked. i am thinking it is just my bad elbow and shoulder, but once shortened not a problem. My compound crossbow does not even compare with this bow. I will never shoot wheels again. My son is happy tho, he inherited my horton. Now to get out in the woods.
My feelings exactly when I got my Excalibur! My old compound xbow was like hanging on to a mechanical explosion whenever I fired it. The Phoenix is like poetry in motion. I'll have to hang on to the old compound for sentimental value, (it was my Dad's), but I'll never use it again.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Welcome to the forum! :D

Don't cock you bow with your arms and shoulders.

SQUAT-COCK it! Let your thighs do the work.

I'm 6' exactly, but I can cock my Exomax with ease, and using my fingers, though I prefer using the rope aid. I like the rope aid because it's prudent to do everything you can to reduce the strain on your body, and because I am certain that cocking by hand could eventually lead to serious nerve damage in the fingers.

I grew up in a trade that revolves around very heavy work ... and that's where I learned the value of using your big muscles to do big jobs. Just adjust your rope aid and set your arms so that all you have to do at the top of your squat is "shrug" the final two inches or so of the cocking process.

It's easy.
Grizz
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Welcome, good folks here

WES
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's