blinds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

michiganman

blinds

Post by michiganman »

i have hunted out of a ameristep dog house for 4 years.i shot three michigan toms with a bow out of it,and the 25lb state record.im tring the eclipes now with a little more room.

also i see some with disapater bars,is this a must for recoil??
wabi

Post by wabi »

also i see some with disapater bars,is this a must for recoil??
I have my Phoenix set up without them, but it IS louder! Can't really see a huge reduction in recoil, but then I've been hunting with Excaliburs for so long I don't notice the noise & recoil anyway. :lol:
My personal reason for taking the DBs off was so I don't have to worry about removing the pads when I unstring it. In the summer I usually unstring between shooting sessions.
wabi
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Theres a recoil..???? :wink:
greenjoytj

Post by greenjoytj »

Anyone actually shot a broadhead through the shoot throughable window screens on one of these Ameristep ground blinds and hit their intented target?

I could see a heavy turkey load from a shotgun blasting through ok and still have enough accuracy due to pellet spread to take a turkey. But a broadhead through a screen, I doubt it would hit even close to the point of aim and worst at longer ranges.

I suspect windows would have to be zipped open to get accurate shot placement. I'm interested in getting one of these ameristep ground blinds and have'nt made a desision yet on whether get the hub style or the spring open type.

Any users of these blinds your input would be appreciated as I'm tired of getting rained on.
08 Equinox, #1989 string, FireBolts with NAP QuikSpin ST Speed hunter vanes, 150gr. Boltcutter BH's, Lumi-Zone scope.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i bought the cabela's 4 season lighting set blind....the mesh windows are shoot through also but i don't think i'll be taken the chance....the 4 corners are velcro along with the middle of each corner so after i set up i'll just undo a corner of a few windows to shoot through before game appears.............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

The Double Bull guys shoot through mesh all the time and have the video kills to prove it! I guess the question is:

Is all mesh created equal?
Grizz
saxman

Post by saxman »

greenjoytj wrote:Anyone actually shot a broadhead through the shoot throughable window screens on one of these Ameristep ground blinds and hit their intented target?

I could see a heavy turkey load from a shotgun blasting through ok and still have enough accuracy due to pellet spread to take a turkey. But a broadhead through a screen, I doubt it would hit even close to the point of aim and worst at longer ranges.

I suspect windows would have to be zipped open to get accurate shot placement. I'm interested in getting one of these ameristep ground blinds and have'nt made a desision yet on whether get the hub style or the spring open type.

Any users of these blinds your input would be appreciated as I'm tired of getting rained on.
I have shot through the mesh with zero affect on the arrow and killed 3 deer this season using the doghouse

I have both styles of blind.
The hub style I have is much larger than the pop up's
They each have their advantages and dis.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Fred

Post by Fred »

Shoot tjrough mesh all the time Dbl bulls and an old rural king use spitfires and rocket stricknines double band them no malfunctions
huntin1

Post by huntin1 »

I've shot through the mesh on my old Doghouse and my new Intimidator with no effect on the accuracy of the arrow.

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"
opossum

Post by opossum »

I killed a deer last winter shooting through the screen in the ameristep blind.The arrow hit a little high but I think that is because I didn't hold low enough at 12 yards. :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

Anyone actually shot a broadhead through the shoot throughable window screens on one of these Ameristep ground blinds and hit their intented target?
I shot my first deer (a doe) through the mesh on my Ameristep Doghouse blind a couple weeks ago using a Wac'Em Exit 4-blade broadhead and it didn't seem to cause any deflection. She was closer than I thought, so the hit was a bit high, but still a good double lung hit and I recovered her easily.
wabi