who has had an MRI for rotator cuff ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8up

who has had an MRI for rotator cuff ?

Post by 8up »

Did they inject dye into your shoulder joint? or through and IV or what??
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
cdup

Post by cdup »

No, they just put me straight in the machine. No inject. or dye needed.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

cdup wrote:No, they just put me straight in the machine. No inject. or dye needed.
Ditto, if you have to have the surgery, buy a recliner if you don't have one.
"Eze 18:21"
MPSNIPER

Post by MPSNIPER »

8up > I've had 3 MRI's for surgery ( last one was 2006). A glorified cat scan. No dye injected. MRI stands for "magnetic resonance imaging".
Takes about 30-45 minutes. Piece of cake...
"like a hound...he hunts in his dreams"
8up

Post by 8up »

I have had MRI's before but not for my rotator cuff and several guys said they got dye injected into the joint before the MRI
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Had one in March for mine. No dye. bstout is right; its loud. They had good headphones for mine and I got to listen to the radio for about a half hour.

Since I waited 7 months between the injury and going for treatment (didn't want to sink hunting season) they opted to try physical therapy for me instead of surgery. I was skeptical at first, but within a month I could throw a ball again which I could not do without pain when I started. My shoulder is still not what it was before the injury but I can live with it now. Maybe another year and I'll be able to shoot a compound bow again.

DuckHunt
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

If they inject dye it would be a shoulder arthrogram,not mri. mri and ulta sound has replaced arthrograms.an ultra sound done by experienced hands will also show rotator cuff tears and you dont have to wait long to have them done.mri is the exam of choice though.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

As stated in all the above post, for your shoulder no dye should be needed. I have had a number of MRI and in my case dye was injected.

I go this coming Tuesday for a complete back MRI, and dye will be used, it burns a little at first, no different then getting a blood test.

Not to worry fer sure. They pipe my choise of music thru headphones for me, helps a lot as the noise is loud.. They also have whats called a open air MRI, dont know about them....
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

i had one just a few weeks ago on a possible torn hamstring and no dye was inserted. just do what i do go to sleep if you can.
excalibur phoenix
lumi-zone
sts system
acu draw 50
custom string by boo
groundpounders mount
cas custom bolts
100gr slick tricks
excalibur shooter for life
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Mri...no big deal I barely fit tho. As long as I have a way out im ok and I know I could get out of it if i wanted to so i was ok..However it is noisey ear plugs of some sort is a must..

8UP...make sure you check into the dye I heard or saw on TV there is a class action law suit against some doctors and a company for the dye they used hurt some people..

I had my hip replaced a year ago last January and it was major pain after the fact for a few days BUT I had my shoulder R/Cuff done last january and it was terrible..the pain is different I guess or something but my hip was a breeze compared to the shoulder..The first time didnt hold well and 3 mths later I had to have it done again and its just now where I can do about all I could do before..The one thing thats important is therapy after words. There is adhesians that attache to the bone from surgery and as you work your arm as time goes on the break loose. Its great when they break loose for they can be painful..

Just take your time be real careful at first and stay in the arm sling and dont move it at all. I tore my first one up being stupid and trying to use it to early..take your time trust me it sucks to do it twice..

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
opossum

Post by opossum »

I had a mri in 2000 for my rotator cuff.At that time they injected dye into my shoulder.They may have changed things since then.Good luck.
8up

Post by 8up »

Thx guys for the help I read all that were posted last night before going this morning and it was a mixed answer from different people some saying yes on the dye and others saying no.

I was VERY VERY glad to find out this morning no dye and more important no NEEDLES :D :D Now I get to wait to find out what the doc says the images show.