range finder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

range finder

Post by dutchhunter »

ctc has a range finder on sale this week it is a BRUNTON 440 15 to 440 yards has anybody tryed these and i was wondering if thy would cut it for bow hunting i realize yu get wt you pay for but some times more money is not always that much better any coments welcome DUTCH
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I have a Nikon 440 Dutch and love it for Archery. I have never heard of the Brunton. How much is it?
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

$99, I think.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
MPSNIPER

Post by MPSNIPER »

personally I have found that when it comes to optics, you do get what you pay for. I have a bushnel that my wife bought me 2 years ago for an early Xmas present. She paid $300 for it, & I am more than happy with it for bow hunting.
"like a hound...he hunts in his dreams"
bradm

Post by bradm »

I have tried them in the field and seem to be pretty good. my friends have rangefinders and we compared a bushnell sport 450 and a nikon model, plus this burton and they all ranged the same ranges.
Theres a place for all gods animals, Right beside the mashed potatoes and gravy.
dutchhunter

deal

Post by dutchhunter »

so for half price at 99$ thy will probable do what i want even for shot gunning i only go a littel past 100 YARDS and bow hunting well 0 to 50 max sounds like a deal DUTCH
mikej

Post by mikej »

sounds like a deal if off to ctc to have a look. the next problem is trying to convince my wife i need them :lol:
dutchhunter

ctc

Post by dutchhunter »

call before you go as most paes are sold out i got the last one in delhi store thy are a nice compact unit DUTCH
dutchhunter

range finder

Post by dutchhunter »

thy are a nice outfitt now that i finnaly found a battery thy do mnot come with one stupid .anyways i found one at are local hardware and it came to 18$ for one battery sure hope it lasts for a wail my bushnell will be for sale now that i have this new one DUTCH ps thy sure sold out fast
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

sounds like a good deal!
What is the battery? Guessing a 123A?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
dutchhunter

battery

Post by dutchhunter »

no i tried the 123 first it is a 2c 3 volt a littel smaller then the 123 and cost 18$ for a duracell wow DUTCH