Hard case for an ATV????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rubberdown

Hard case for an ATV????

Post by Rubberdown »

Hi, new member here, I own a Phoenix model Excalibur crossbow and I wanted to find somewhere that might sell a hard case for this bow for my ATV or Side x Side like the Polaris RZR. I bought a hard case that claimed to fit most large size cross bows but had to return it the very next day as it was about 6 inches to narrow. Now I need to find one for my bow that I can rig up on either my Polaris Sportsman ATV with a home made mount for the case, or my wifes Polaris RZR since my hunting stand is no longer accessible the easy way LOL. I now have a pretty good trek to get to my stand so I'd rather ride in than walk for an hour.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Great site, gonna go look around some more.

Paul (AKA Rubberdown)
dutchhunter

carry

Post by dutchhunter »

i lay a piece of foam over the rack and strap the bow down to it thy donot have a hard case to fit as of yet some guys talk them apart and carry them in a double gun case
Rubberdown

Post by Rubberdown »

Thanks, that really sucks :cry: I sort of needed it in a case for my ATV as theres no where to strap the bow down, I wanted to make something to hold it upright at the front or back of the machine inside a case, heres why, no front rack space and no rear rack space available...

Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

You gonna use that for hunting? Looks like a ATVonster truck!! :lol: :lol:
cdup

Post by cdup »

This is the case I use. Had to do a little of mod. but it does the job.

I usually strap it down to my rear rack of my atv during travel.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Rubberdown

Post by Rubberdown »

Nocturnal, yes, I use it for moose season with the rifle to cover a lot of ground, but I would put the stock pipe on for that, for the deer hunt, where I go, theres actually a lot of people that ride in that exact area, I used to get angry when sitting in my stand and its just getting to be prime time for movement and I hear the dirt bikes and quads ripping it up not more than 2 or 3 hundred yards through the bush, but I think I have noticed that the deer are soooo used to it, that if anything, they walk closer to my stand to avoid detection by the dirtbikers and quaders.

Thanks cdup, I may look into doing something like that, I have a couple buddies that are plastic welders by trade, maybe I'll see what they can offer me for assistance. Looks good.
huntman

Post by huntman »

can i ask what mods you have done to that bike? What is that contraption on the front?
cdup

Post by cdup »

If I had to guest at what you are ref. to would probably be his oil or air cooler with an after market fan mount. Ideal for playing submarine with it. The snorkels is steering me to that conclusion. Imo. Nice rig, I see alot of them in my neck of the woods. 8)
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Rubberdown

Post by Rubberdown »

huntman wrote:can i ask what mods you have done to that bike? What is that contraption on the front?
I'll do it in list form...

27" Mudlight XTR tires on 14" type 7 ITP wheels
K&N Air filter
Dynojet kit
Radiator relocated to the front rack
GGB Exhaust (lots of low end grunt)
Temp gauge added to the pod
Rubberdown Customs 1-1/2" rear lift kit
Rubberdown Customs 3" front lift kit
Gorilla axles in the front
Turner Cycles axles in the rear
Fully snorkeled
Quadtrac cargo seat
Kimpex bumpers front and rear
Rubberdown Customs aluminum handle bar ends
Rubberdown Customs "FLAME STYLE" Aluminum winch fairlead
Amsteel Blue Synthetic winch rope
Warn 2500 winch

I'm sure theres a few more I have forgotten about, but thats pretty much it. And yes, it does go deep ;)

Me in 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pXxX0dx3T0

My buddies 11 year old son this past summer, he was smiling from ear to ear!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOAldfQ6dbs

wheelie

Post by wheelie »

LOL bet those two people in the boat fishing were pretty impressed with you seding the kid out a second time to run it in the lake LOL
Rubberdown

Post by Rubberdown »

wheelie wrote:LOL bet those two people in the boat fishing were pretty impressed with you seding the kid out a second time to run it in the lake LOL
Actually, there is only 1 single camp on that lake, and the people in the canoe where taking pictures as we were at THEIR CAMP as guests as we are all very close friends. I wouldnt do that if someone were fishing, or swimming or it were someone I didnt know, come on, I'm not a total butt head!