Goat Tuff Glue

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanOney

Goat Tuff Glue

Post by BryanOney »

Does Goat Tuff Glue last a long time in the bottle once you open it, or does it go bad after a while like Gorilla glue does once the bottle has been open.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I have a Bottle in front of me right now on my Desk. It is 14 months old and still in very good condition. I always wipe the stem off real good when done and make sure the cap is on good and tight.
GaryL

Re: Goat Tuff Glue

Post by GaryL »

BryanOney wrote:Does Goat Tuff Glue last a long time in the bottle once you open it, or does it go bad after a while like Gorilla glue does once the bottle has been open.
Once open (Gorilla glue), store the bottle upside down.. with the cap on of course :roll: seriously it will last a very long time stored up-side down once opened.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Not sure what you want to use the glue for,but I found one at a Woodworking show in Toronto at least five years ago or more that is still in mint condition.
It is called "The Last Glue",made by a company in Oakville Ontario,and a 20 ml bottle sells for $25 plus $9 to ship.
It is like a crazy glue,except the curing principle is the reverse to most of these fast curing glues.
I keep it upright in a small jar in the fridge,and other than clear the tip,it still works like the day I bought it.
I would have probably gone through a dozen small tubes of the regular stuff by now and thrown them out when you can't get them open.
It sets up pretty quick,so it would have only limited use making arrows.
Bob Vandrish.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i havent had any issues with it being open for a few months atleast.. But be warned, once you glue inserts in, they dont come out easy. If they do, they usually take part of the inner shaft with them :P

goat tuff is the only glue I use.. I will use fletch tite if im just testing inserts though so I can actaully remove them with some heat