Buffalo hunt with Bill T

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bbbwb

Buffalo hunt with Bill T

Post by bbbwb »

I read a post with pictures of Bill T crossbow hunting for buffalo in Canada. He had a guide?? with a rifle for emergency protection. The shot was 40 yard after a crawl stalk through grass to a willow clump.I believe there were 4 bulls out of the 7?? animals grazing, unaware of the stalk taking place.
following posts raised inquiries as to what xbow used --draw weight, what broadhead used etc for this hunt.
I was trying to locate to learn this information. If anyone can give me the title to this post, I am interested in responses.
Thanks

bbbwb
bbbwb

Buffalo hunt with Bill T

Post by bbbwb »

I found it after I posted this request
Sorry I am blind
bbbwb
bbbwb

Buffalo hunt with Bill T

Post by bbbwb »

After going through the "watch Bill harvest a bison" post, there is no information as to the xbow used nor broadhead used etc. If anyone knows this, I am still interested.
It is a great video.

bbbwb
stoop14

Post by stoop14 »

I would guess it would have to of been the exomax or equinox. You need to kill one of them, not piss them off or you might be the one dead :lol:
Equinox
Vari-Zone
Groundpounder Mount
STS
(hoping a boo string in the new year)
Normous

Post by Normous »

Hey bbbwb, check your message box. You have an old one still in there unopened from me I see.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

A couple years ago i shot a Plains Buffalo with my 200 lb. Exomag, with 100 grain slick tricks, almost a pass thru. I don't recommend 100 gr. go with a least 125 gr. The broadhead exploded into 5 or 6 pieces. He was a 3 year old and about 1100 lbs. live weight.

Grey Owl

P.S. We didn't have a rifle for backup, just a good pair of legs.
bbbwb

Buffalo hunt with Bill T

Post by bbbwb »

Grey Owl

What distance did you make the kill shot? Were yopu using carbon or aluminum shafts?
I watched the video of Bill and I didn't think that his passed through but you can see the blood coming out the nose before it goes down the last time. I thought that the shot was a bit low but who cares --- success--- that's what counts.
It would be a great thrill.

bbbwb
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I believe the guide yelled 40 yards. I think that I double lunged him, not sure now. My arrows were carbon, with aluminum inserts. Of all animals or birds, anything, that I've ever shot, this Buffalo bled like I've never seen before. They have a ton of blood. He ran full tilt for about 300- 400 yards, then fell over dead. Now I think of it, it must have been only one lung.

I do know one thing, it was frick'in cold, somewhere around -25 C, with a good wind.

There's nothing more natural in North America than shooting a Plains or Wood Buffalo with a bow and arrow, (or Xbow) :?: , most exciting thrill in hunting.

Good luck bbbwb, Buffalo is excellent table fair.
grey Owl
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Bill T Bow ins't the newer thumb/hand stock you can plainly see its the regular stock. maybe the same one he shot that elephant with the emax
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315