need some help.... chrysty, digger's daughter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chrysty

need some help.... chrysty, digger's daughter

Post by chrysty »

ok so here's the update i've finally got around to taking the pics of the bows and cases i've got of dad's at the moment.... was wondering if you guys could give me a ball park on prices... and of course i am planning on letting you guys have first pick on his bows i know he spent a lot of time with this forum and would have wanted it that way... please let me know if i posted this in the wrong area... didn't know if i should just put it on the trading post .... there are a lot of pics so i just thought it would be best to post the link to the photobucket page... any suggestions are welcome and if you have any questions please let me know

chrysty

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/chrysty77/bows/
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Thanks, Chrysty! :D

I think it's OK to put this post here, but I'd put it on the Trading Post too. Perhaps someone who enjoys identifying and pricing equipment will PM you with some prices so you can better advertise your Dad's stuff.

I'm sure there are many here who will be pleased to inherit some of his equipment. He seems to have been very well thought of.

We're all looking forward to seeing his Memorial Fund do it's work, too. :D
Grizz
wabi

Post by wabi »

Chrysty,
This forum is the place to ask questions, and asking opinions on value should get some responses. I don't keep up on prices that well, so I'm not going to be much help here.
About the only two I'd venture an opinion on are the Phoenix (bow 3) and the Y25 (bow 2). If I were selling them I'd ask $400. for the Phoenix & $800. for the Y25, but I usually price low for a quick sale. :roll:
You might consider putting one or two of them in the Trading Post and asking for bids? Let them run for a fixed time (say 2 weeks) and the highest bid at the cutoff time/date gets them.
Your mother also mentioned putting some of the proceeds from the sale toward the "Digger Memorial Fund" for the hunt we are trying to arrange. Wouldn't hurt to mention that in the ad if you decide to offer a couple for bids on the Trading Post. :wink:
wabi