doe management mode

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

doe management mode

Post by crazyfarmer »

ive finally sunken into doe management mode since its only a few weeks of season left here. I plan on breaking out the xbow next week for a last hunt though before its over. But 2 doe meet their maker today and so did one last week. They were all taken with the shotgun hunting with the local dog club. Anyone else trying to take some doe these last few weeks to help the herds over the winter?

anyhow, ive got some tasty backstraps ready to go for xmas;) Ive got 5 DCAP tags still waiting to get used this next week. Most of the buck movement here is totally at night now since the hounds have shaken the woods up pretty badly
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I space my doe kills out through the year. When I get frustrated with the lemons lifes giving me in the woods. I take it out on a girl! Kinda gives me a second wind!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Anyone else trying to take some doe these last few weeks to help the herds over the winter?
Trying to take does because that's all I can legally take now. :lol:
Here in Ohio we only get one buck per year. I've already put the one buck, and one doe in the freezer. I think one more doe will probably do it for me this year, but I'm seeing more bucks than does now! :roll:
wabi
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

All the deer we harvested in our shotgun hunt this year were does the bucks would run right into the wind and all were on the hoove(moving)!!
The best things in life are not things!!
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

i plan on going this week. no crossbow for me thou it will be the .243 i know one thing our winter has gone north. were in the sun and bake mode now.
excalibur phoenix
lumi-zone
sts system
acu draw 50
custom string by boo
groundpounders mount
cas custom bolts
100gr slick tricks
excalibur shooter for life