Tree stand help...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbow300win

Tree stand help...

Post by xbow300win »

Hey guys...

I'm looking at getting a climbing tree stand....just not sure what exactly to get and what to look for? Size, weight, durability?

I was looking at possibly buying dutch's that he has for sale.....

Any thoughts would be appreciated...
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

first of all, whats your body size/weight?

the summit viper is a great all around for the price..
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Mike P did a series of climber reviews. I'd check them out if I were you. I personally have a viper, but dont use it much.
xbow300win

Post by xbow300win »

Where would I find those reviews?
Normous

Post by Normous »

I use the Summit Bullet Which is the same as the Viper but it folds to condense its size for travel. I find it very comfortable and stable. The top cradles the Excalibur well and is ready for the shot when you are. I would purchase it again.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
BryanOney

Stand

Post by BryanOney »

I have a Summit Goliath because I am 6:2/250 in the fall. 270 after x-mas. The Goliath is bigger than the Viper for large people. Summit makes an even larger stand, but I forget its name. I wish I had bought it because I am a little snug in my Goliath when it is 15 degrees out and I have 4 layers of clothes on and my pockets are full of all the junk I carry when I hunt. I have not owned any other brand of climber, but I love my Summit. It is way more comfortable than any lock on stand I have ever had. By using it I no longer have stands stolen. I now spend the off season with an 18 foot pole saw preparing 30 to 40 stand sites that I will use with the climber. This lets me use the wind much more to my advantage. I personally see more deer at my location if I do not hunt a stand site more than 3 times per season. It is a very safe stand. In fact I am very comfortable sleeping in it. It is easy to use. It was much easier to use after I watched the DVD that came with the stand.
dutchhunter

climmer

Post by dutchhunter »

this gorela has a weight rating of 300lbs and si great for bigger guys like me very easy to use as well i feel much safer in a bigger stand then a smaller one the lone wolf hand climmer realy takes some getting used to get that funny feeling way up there DUTCH
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

When it comes to climbers there are a number of things to consider.

1/ Comfort
2/ easy to use
3/ room while in the stand
4/ At what time of year do you hunt (Cold) makes a difference
5/ weight of the stand
6/ How well it breaks down to carry

here are only a few things to think about. Personaly I like the GoliathSS by Summit that is 2 inches wider then the viper and it has room for cold wether, easly to climb and can last for hours while sitting. The new stands have been changed somewhat and the only thing I have a problem with is the bungy cord on the seat as it catches everything.
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
MrBigSticks

Post by MrBigSticks »

Summit is the only climber i would buy
Team: heartstoppers
exocet 200, hawke luminated reticle scope,cow whacker bolts and 125gr slick tricks
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Buy a climber that you will love and keep the rest of your life.Its kinda like buying a good scope for a rifle. .for me its a LoneWolf sit and climb. I have not found one that is as small lite and quiet in the tree..Its pricy but when it comes down to the shot..I dont want my stand creeking or popping..and when you put it on the tree its easy and quiet..18 lbs packs good and I wiegh 270 6'1" so its plenty strong..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Sopchoppy

tree stand

Post by Sopchoppy »

Summit Ultimate Viper SS is the one for me. Has the comfort seat for all day hunting; built in drop down blind; shooting rail included. A bit heavy at 28 lbs. but worth it. Very easy to climb and very stable. Best prices are on Ebay. Any of the summit models won't disappoint you.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
dutchhunter

treee stand

Post by dutchhunter »

somthing to remember buying on line is shipping tree stands are heavy and cost a fair bit to shipp
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I have a Summit Viper. The Viper is quiet, easy to use & feels very secure. The padded sling seat is very comfortable and warm. My biggest issue with climbers is slugging them in and out of the woods, I'd rather carry a light ground blind & chair, but a climber will get you up and let you see more deer. I don't use it often these days as I am at a bad point in my life for my weight and so I feel awkward climbing, but once things improve I'll use it more.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
chadermaran

Post by chadermaran »

I have went through alot of stands trying to find one that is comfortable and that doesnt make any noise if i need to stand up and stretch. I bought a summit goliath last year and I love it. I can sit all day in it without any problems and I feel so safe in it i have taken a few naps in it as well. The stand is one of the quietest stands i have ever sat in.
munch

Post by munch »

do yourself a favor and spend $380 on a lonewolf sit and climb.at my highest i was 6'2" and 322 lbs.love the thing it took some time to adjust to it but it packs so small and is so silent .here is a pic of me with my xbow backpack loaded for the day and a doe on my homemade deer cart and i wheeled the whole thing 3/4 of a mile back to the truck. also if you walk a lot in corn or thick brush you will see how much less you get caught up on things
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/ ... coe002.jpg
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook