Scare today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Scare today

Post by crazyfarmer »

no nothing really bad.. but I was dragging a deer to my 4 wheeler trail, tripped and my knee went right down on a root that was above ground. I though my leg had broke right below the knee because the pain was so bad. I sat there for a good 15mins before I could get up. But it seems its only bruised, but gawd dang it hurts still. Im sure its gonna feel great in the morning. But it just shows you that you never know when something could happen. How my leg didnt break I dunno. I think I dented the root LOL. Knock on wood but ive never had a broken bone which is odd for some of the things I have been in LOL.

it really got me thinking... 4 days of season left and what if I broke a leg LOL... I'd try to hunt someway LOL :P

anyway, have a happy new year everyone 8) also, happy hunting :D
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Ouch! :shock: :? :cry: :shock:

Sorry that had to happen to you, Buddy.

Hope you get to feeling better soon! :D :D
Grizz
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Sounds like that hurt a lot! Hope your feeling better, we need more VA deer down!

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
Normous

Post by Normous »

Ouch is right. :roll: :? :cry: Tonight, I tripped big time with my Summit tree stand on my back and my Excalibur went flying. It wasn't easy getting up either. My lower back is quite knackered big time right now.
Cheers..
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Glad your ok CF. Glad that it wasn't a break but your right, you would have found a way to squeeze in the last couple of days :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Hope everything is ok tomorrow. But if not get it checked. I did something very similar 10 years ago and it ended up it was fractured right below the knee. I forget the name of the bone. Good Luck.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I had a good scare last night. On my way to my stand I heard some shooting. I went to investigate and there was a guy shooting coons out of a hollowed tree. Not really doing a good job at killing them, but that's another story.

Anyways I let them know(his partner showed up to help get the coons out from the hollow ten feet off the ground) that I was intending on hunting nearby and let them know what direction. They knew where I was going and said they were done shooting and would move on after they grabbed their 5 coons.

I was getting set up squating next to a tree when they started shooting again. :evil: How hard is it to kill a raccoon from fifteen feet?? And what do you do with a pelt full of holes. Well the bullets were headed my way. I could hear them whizzing by only feet above my head. I decided I should relocate.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

CF and Chris, I'm glad to read you're both ok... Scary stuff!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

enormous wrote: Tonight, I tripped big time with my Summit tree stand on my back and my Excalibur went flying.
It happens to me at least once a season. Usually in the dark. And I don't bounce as good as our young whippersnapper CF.

I am glad your ok CF. Now tell me out of all the purchases you have made in the last two years you didn't manage to acquire a deer cart?
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

A friend of mine broke his leg playing hockey, and still managed to climb the ladder stand and harvest a deer before making his way to school earlier this year. All the while his leg was in a cast.

Where there is a will there is a way. Glad to hear your alright.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

glad your fine CF....I stepped over a log this year and then lost my balance..BIG log had my foot caught and fell backwards over the dang thing..It scared me. I got my left hip totaly replaced 2 years ago and I thought for sure it was popping out of socket..but it didnt. Infact I recovered pretty well. got up and hiked on to the truck.no probs

take care Happy New Year CF
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

chris
I don't think they really cared where you were going, they didn't have a clue what they were doing. I was out today with my son on the last day of deer season here and came upon some rabbit hunters. They told me their plan and we thought we could work together. They would walk through going for bunnies and I would follow for deer at a safe distance. They got some bunnies but the deer either held up or the couple that walked throughg the bush earlier with the 2 LARGE dogs chasing rabbits scared them off. I saw tracks from last night but not since the fresh snow fell. Well We need to respect each other in the field and like I said they didn't care or respect what you were doing.

CF
accidents happen quick. With the thaw we had up here and the fresh snow now, the ground is very slick and dangerous, hiding water holes and empty pockets to twist ankles.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
DanO

Post by DanO »

That's for sure! I couldn't hunt my stands along a creek for shell ice. There's no way a deer would be caught anywhere in the area. I'm sure they're very nervous around ice. Made my last day a bust! and most of the last 2 weeks.

Dan O. :(
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

just wondering ?..... were u wearing orange may be a good idea or put up a flag or something when u get to your area..

"I had a good scare last night. On my way to my stand I heard some shooting. I went to investigate and there was a guy shooting coons out of a hollowed tree. Not really doing a good job at killing them, but that's another story.

Anyways I let them know(his partner showed up to help get the coons out from the hollow ten feet off the ground) that I was intending on hunting nearby and let them know what direction. They knew where I was going and said they were done shooting and would move on after they grabbed their 5 coons.

I was getting set up squating next to a tree when they started shooting again. :evil: How hard is it to kill a raccoon from fifteen feet?? And what do you do with a pelt full of holes. Well the bullets were headed my way. I could hear them whizzing by only feet above my head. I decided I should relocate."
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Mike P wrote:
enormous wrote: Tonight, I tripped big time with my Summit tree stand on my back and my Excalibur went flying.
It happens to me at least once a season. Usually in the dark. And I don't bounce as good as our young whippersnapper CF.

I am glad your ok CF. Now tell me out of all the purchases you have made in the last two years you didn't manage to acquire a deer cart?
I normally can get the atv right into the area so no need for it.. I was just dragging the deer 20 ft into clearing when it happened..

but all is well today.. its a little stiff.. yes im talking about the leg :P LOL

seems the older you get, the less you pick your feet up LOL