Oh boy did I have an encounter today with an anti!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DropTine

Oh boy did I have an encounter today with an anti!

Post by DropTine »

I went with my little brother to get a DVD he wanted at Wal-Mart. I was wearing my usual Realtree hat with my half Mossy Oak Break Up half Black Rocky Boots Sweater. I was waiting for my brother to pick a movie when I was looking at some country music cd's, Josh Turner to be exact and noticed some girl staring at me, about mid 20's, kinda hot too , but I had a bad feeling because I doubt this girl would be checking me out with the atire I was wearing So anyways I looked back at her and she gave a grin that said b*tch all over it! I then seen a Roger Raglin Deer Hunting DVD, so I picked that up and started to look at it, then all hell broke loose, she started saying "You f*ckin redneck, shooting innocent animals, you people have no heart and no brain!" I wanted to explain my self so bad and embarass her in front of everyone staring and show her exactly how wrong she was, but I had a splitting head ache and didnt have the time too, plus I didnt want my brother to hear her swearing her head off, so I just walked away. Mark my words though, if I ever see her again, I will unleash hell!

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
Normous

Post by Normous »

When Pydpiper wears his camo thong to Wal-Mart that never happens :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

LOL!

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
huntman

Post by huntman »

Things like that only happen once! You will never see the bit(h again! I would of not been able to walk away thats for sure. Then again i probably would never where camo in a store anyways! lol

You should of looked over and said and Happy New Year to you too!! That would of pissed her off even more! lol
Last edited by huntman on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Should have asked her if she kills and eats innocent plants! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

oh please, please pick a Walmart where I am not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
killshot

Post by killshot »

huntman wrote:You should of looked over and said and Happy New Year to you too!! That would of pissed her off even more! lol

What works really good is to wink and blow them a kiss and watch them turn red and get even angrier. Than laugh out loud and walk away as they are yelling.

Some people have no clue. I am sure that the beef she eats that was not feed for 3 days and then killed was much more humane.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

You did well, Droptine. Self-control is a mark of maturity, and is a characteristic of true manliness. You wouldn't have gained a thing by "letting her have it" ... and indeed, you would have cheapened yourself.

I applaud your restraint. :D
Grizz
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm glad I've never faced that situation. I would hope I could walk away quietly, but sometimes my temper get the best of me.

I keep telling myself, "Never participate in an argument you have no chance of winning.", but then my wife says something contradictory to my thoughts and I forget the - just walk away quietly.............
wabi
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Going to war with an anti in a public place is not advisable nor profitable.

Let them rant. They only prove their ignorance by their actions.

I usually just smile and nod and smile some more.

For some reason that really seems to piss them off.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Let's just see if I got this: She's shopping at Walmart and calls you a redneck??? :shock:

Good restraint DT.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

It amazes me how many people think we just go out there and shoot animals for the fun of killing! :evil: So many people are surprised when I tell them we do all the work to get them from the field to the table. I often get: "You EAT it? Well, then I guess that's ok. " Some honestly don't know that hunters do more than kill.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

Too bad the manager was not called and had that cute young person thrown out. Most stores will not put up with swearing and yelling. Maybe the next time she will get more than she bargained for. Glad you stayed cool. :lol:
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Ever once in a long while you can encounter these holier than though types.
I reply ; "who killed that cow you have in your cart?

How long was it starved before being slaughtered?

Did they use a sledge hammer to the head or was it a prod to the brain; maybe a 22 calibre gun when it was killed!

You ever been to a poultry facility to watch chickens and turkeys hung by thier feet, then dragged thru a gillitien?

And how about those carrots; they have roots ,so who mudered them ?

Are you a fruitarian?

Vegetarian?

I provide my family with the closest meat with no chemicals I can; yes not forced fed , injected with growth horomones or antibiotics beef found on "Gods" great earth.

Got milk?

There is plenty of room on this earth for all creatures, right next to my mashed potatoes!

Have a great day in nature, we will!

oneshot..........
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
TPM

Post by TPM »

"You f*ckin redneck, shooting innocent animals
I only shoot the guilty ones. :roll:

A local talk radio station had a PETA rep on the phone in show this morning. She got absolutely shredded. Even the host thought she was a bit of a whack job. I guess no one told her that it's mostly retired "old boys" who sit around and phone in to these talk shows. :lol:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger