Question about self climbers!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

subneural

Post by subneural »

Thanks a lot for starting this thread. I'm considering a climber for next season, and I'll definitely be shopping for one at the Toronto sportsmans show. Based on all the feedback on this forum, I'll probably be looking at the Summit Viper SS first.

Cheers,
Marc
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

saxman wrote:Keep the bottom and top attatched to each other with a long strap in case your feet slip.
Not much worse that your platfor section sliding down the tree while you sit 20' up on the top part.
SAX thats good heads up there bud...and so true...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
bukee

Post by bukee »

Huntman,

Anytime, no problem. Climbers are great for mobility and are easy enough to use once you get used to them
DanO

Post by DanO »

What is a good price for a Summit Viper? This is a good thread. I'm interested in a self climber but they seem pricey.

Dan o.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

DanO wrote:What is a good price for a Summit Viper? This is a good thread. I'm interested in a self climber but they seem pricey.

Dan o.
Here's the Bow Shop's pricing:
http://216.183.82.116/odsPROD/bowshop/a ... p=81&m=tsu
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
BryanOney

Climbers

Post by BryanOney »

In March here in Ohio we have a deer and turkey expo. It is basically a big hunting show. I go to it each year. At the expo Summit always has a big display and has good deals on climbers with significant savings. This is where I bought my Summit. You also don't have to pay shipping on the stand if you pick it up at the expo. It seems that I saw somewhere that maybe there is a deer and turkey expo in Ontario. If it is near you, you might want to check it out.
scout22

Post by scout22 »

here's another option to keep you moble and you don't need to find the perfectly strait trees with out large limbs. :D

http://www.trophylineusa.com/products.php

Good luck,
stump

Post by stump »

I use a Summit Viper and the only real danger is that I'll fall asleep and start snoring. Comfortable, safe, mobile, and relatively easy to use.
ger34

Post by ger34 »

subneural wrote:Thanks a lot for starting this thread. I'm considering a climber for next season, and I'll definitely be shopping for one at the Toronto sportsmans show. Based on all the feedback on this forum, I'll probably be looking at the Summit Viper SS first.

Cheers,
Marc
I shopped around for 6 months to find the best climber and price....a buddy and I both bought our climber's from Cabela's ...ours came with the footrest and gun swivel...I notice now they don't have the footrest but they have the rapid climb stirrups...those are invaluable if you are built like me and have a hard time touching your toes...lol

It was $321 CDN to my door...only problem was when I arrived home from work there was a large CLEARLY MARKED box on our front porch...so there is the concern that it could be stolen before I even got it.....but that minor detail can be overcome

We saw them at the Sportsman's show as well...and tried it out...the guy was selling them taxes in for $285..if they are around that price grab it quick...

The ONLY safety tips I have are this....frozen Poplar trees (or similar smooth bark trees) in Dec at -13C are hard....so take a little extra time to make sure the teeth are dug in the tree EACH time you move it to climb....because personal experience will tell you when you are up even 15' and that climber base slips 1/4"...even with your safety harness on...the "sphincter pucker factor" goes right off the scale....most rough bark or softwood trees are better....cedars are great

Pay the extra $$$ for a Summit....I was a bit dubious about the price tag...but all that went away the very first time I sat in it.....
Summit Viper SS
Exocet 200
Gold Tip Laser II
4" vanes
100gr G5 Montecs
watamach

Post by watamach »

I have decided to buy one myself for next year. After 15 mins of research I have decided that I will buy the Lone Wolf Alpha Sit and Climb or the Viper Summit SS. I am thinking the Lone Wolf but would appreciate any feedback from fellow forum members. My reasons are because when I looked at them both the Lone Wolf was a little lighter and packed tighter for transport. Some bonus features were the powder coating for additonal noise control and the platform has a compound bow holder (I use compund early and cross bow late seasons). The prices were $389 for the LW and $299 for the Summit. Does anyone have feedback on the Lone Wolf?

http://www.lonewolfstands.com/shoppingc ... ACCSH.aspx
subneural

Post by subneural »

ger34 wrote:...the guy was selling them taxes in for $285..if they are around that price grab it quick...
Thanks for the tip - i will definitely grab one at that price if they're available at the show this year.
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I paid $249 for the Summit Viper SS that we got Tyler for Christmas. He loves it and it seems to be easy to operate. We have a lot of white oak trees and one or two pines here in NC :roll: and it grabs those trees great. Like Bambiblaster, I have a buckshot climber with the backrest and love it's stability. I just have a hard time trusting a cable but they seem to be the best nowadays. I have made a pledge to keep by but on the ground anyhow so I don't use one anymore.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Phoenix92

Post by Phoenix92 »

bought a Summit Viper SS over the weekend now I have to field test it so I can become proficient before season starts. BPS charges a little much but thankfully Santa left me some gift certificates. then again you cant put a price on a successful hunt or a SAFE , QUALITY product more to come with a review.