Saturday Jan 3rd , Excalibur Forum 3D fun shoot ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Saturday Jan 3rd , Excalibur Forum 3D fun shoot ...

Post by R.J. »

I'll start the pictures ...

I could only stay for an hour due to previous commitments ... couldn't shoot , but did take some pictures to start the day and log the event ..

Held at the Oxford Fish and Game Club ...

Of course ... lots of Excalibur tackle in the crowd ~

Here is the majority of the group ... I recognized most , but I'm bad with names so somebody please fill in the names from left to right ... Thanks ! :lol:

While the group posed for a picture ... A couple of guys ran beagle's on rabbit's in the back ground .. enjoying a beauty Saturday in the field !

Before the actual shoot got under way ... I took individual shots of each shooter ...

1st up ...for a practice shot at the first station

And what a first shot ! those luminocks are real cool !

The rest followed ... all showing fine form !

Time to pull the last eight arrows ... nice group !

Next batch of shooters ..

Another good group ...

Kirk and Kevin were in the bush setting targets when I took the group picture , but I got a frame of them together when the retrieved their bows ...

The kids seemed to be enjoying themselves !

I had to leave at approx 11 am .... the weather was great ... sun coming out ... I'm sure they had fun with that shoot !

Please post any other pictures you might have from this mornings gathering ...

I'm heading into town to pick up wood ... I'll stop by the club on my way home , to see who's left and hopefully get names to put to all the pictures ... and snap a frame of one of the compound shooters I missed :oops:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Normous

Post by Normous »

You guys picked a nice day for the shoot and greet. It could have been worse. I see Boo strings a very popular. We are looking forward to reading and seeing more photos.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
dutchhunter

3 d shoot

Post by dutchhunter »

i to had to leave a littel early but i had a great time meeting some old friends and some new friends lots of fun and great weather and lots of good food lets hope we can do this again thanks to the guys for setting this up and thanks to the club for having us DUTCH
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Just got home now, had to leave earlier than expected to pick my brother up. Im in the 8th pic down, wearing the half camo, half black Rocky (anti-hunter) :) sweater running the Exomax. I had a great time, meeting all new faces, the only person I knew there was Dan (Beerwolf), and the food was great, Skinner grilled all the sausage to perfection!

Hope we can get together like this again soon,

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Hey I got there late but you know the saying anyway thanks Pyd Matt,and mother nature for a great time.hopefully I will have the Max dialed in next time :lol:hey anyone have some arrows they want to sell?(JUST JOKING)
The best things in life are not things!!
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

LOL! Love that bent 2219!

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Looks like a lot of fun!!! Sorry I missed it... But I did have a good day. Put a downpayment on a puppy. Will be coming home towards the end of January. Will post pics when I get a chance.

By the way, great pics RJ!!! Great way to document the days events.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

What a great day it turned into. Unbelievable weather, put names / faces to forum names (forgot too many already) and lots of great eats. Thanks to all and the Oxford Rod & Gun for a great day.

It's me, Tom, on the far right of the first row in the group and the 7th individual shooter.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Great pictures R.J.!
It was a huge turnout, the weather was perfect and a big thanks to Unclefester and his crew for taking control of the cooking and supplying some fine eats! My wife told me I have to go bear hunting now. :D
Lots of various foods were on the table, it was a terrific spread.

Through donations, we are going to be putting $107 back in to the clubs archery fund. Thank you, and thank you all for respecting the club, we left it cleaner than we found it. I would be happy to open the gates for any of you guys, anytime.

Putting names to faces, My wife is the blonde in the camo pants, I am over her shoulder in the black and our son is in front of her, orange stripe.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

Had to do a few chores when I got home before I got on here but it was a great day with a lot of fun & great to meet a bunch of new people & try to put names to faces (I already am having a hard time remembering everybody :oops: )

As RJ pointed out in the pics, he got a separate shot of Kevin & I (I am the grumpy looking guy with the gray beard :oops: ) after running through the bush a couple of times before everybody else, but was worth it.

Hope to do it again soon.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

What a great day! Couldn't have asked for better weather or better people to spend the day with.

Thanks to all who made this come together. Thanks to Pyd and Jenn for hosting at their club - special thanks to Jenn for doing the clean-up.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

looks like a great time was had.......thanks for sharing the pics of it :)
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Our chef and his crew, very nice BBQ! Bear, boar, venison..
All these guys were less than 100 pounds each before lunch.

Last edited by Pydpiper on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
HW

Post by HW »

What a great day. The weather was even better. It was a lot of fun and I can surely say that this may have been my first time shooting 3D but it will not be my last. Nice to know you don't have to worry about being winded.

RJ, I am in the middle of the group photo and fourth of the individual shots.

Thanks to the guys who put this together.

Congrats to Droptine on a great post to get the ball rolling.

Harold
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Thanks Oxford F.G Club for the fac. and Pyd and Jenn for the hospitality. Great time, food and fun. Thanks also to unclefester for the great meat. The bear was awesome. The stories and the shooting was a hoot. I hope we have pics of xbowkidd's Robin Hood and MADMAX2's around the corner shooting arrow. I'm the black toque in the front row kneeling and 6th shooter with bare hands. Hope we can do this again, it was GREAT. I don't think I can be at the Meet and Greet on the 24th. Thanks again to ALL. :D :D
n8tr boy
Mark
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows