Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

schonyuk

From the Oneida forum

Post by schonyuk »

Please Read This and Pass it On

Subject: Ammunition Accountability Act

Ammunition Accountability Act
Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including TN, Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture, a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including handloaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more! If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

Please give this the widest distribution possible and contact your Reps!

It's the ammo, not the guns....
I've said for a long time that they wouldn't go for your guns, they'd go for your ammo... guns have a Constitutional protection. Ammo does not. A list of states where this legislation is pending is in the final paragraph. Not in CO yet, they'll go where the pansies are first.

Heads up to all of you who swore to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign AND domestic. Let your state Legislatures know that we do not want this bill passed, and petition them to vote no on this bill. We should keep after them until the bill is closed by bombarding them with e-mails, phone calls, and letters.

Get to all your politicians to get to work and NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!! The 2008 Legislative session has begun, and the Ammunition Accountability Act is being introduced across the country. Below is a list of states where legislation has already been introduced:

Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.
schonyuk

Beware

Post by schonyuk »

I live in in the UK so I know how they think. The next thing to be controlled will be reloading components, i.e. cases, primers, powder, presses and dies as they partially have done here in the UK. BEWARE!!!
mikej

Post by mikej »

what a joke
Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

Guess i better buy plenty of arrows!!! Where's Crazyfarmer?? :D
beretta96D

Post by beretta96D »

I felt that would be the way they'd go as well, but figured I'd keep my mouth shut not to jinx the situation. My next fear will be special permits and licence to prevent people from reloading. I'm guessing a manufacturers' permit with insurance. This will force all to give it up. "Special" taxes on powder and primers are next as well.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

They need to tax it to pay for all the useless new employees for this regisrty. They already do this in Canada. Just not as high tech. The store keeps a booklet on hand and writes down our firearms licence number and ammunition purchased. Some of them ask for our address and they get a definite "NOPE" from me. Don't want to be in a book, that shows, where I live and what calibres I have. The government and cops can already get that info from my licence. I don't need someone grabbing this book from the counter when the attendant is off on break somewhere.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!