WARNING! Possible Virus/Scam

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

treeliner

WARNING! Possible Virus/Scam

Post by treeliner »

Tried to contact website for the STS makers, Bucks N Ducks/www.stsarchery.com. Got a window warning of Critical Virus and thought it was my own Anti-Virus program so clicked on "Remove Virus". BIG MISTAKE! Turned out to be a fraudulent/ scam program that locked me in to sending them money to remove the fake virus. Cost me big bucks to get it removed. It's called "Antivirus 2009" and uses a similar four-color shield logo to AVG Free(which I use). The correct response if you get this is to click it off without selecting any choice within the window, including 'Cancel'. Live and Learn!
Cheers, Doug :(
PS: I don't think this has anything to do with Bucks N Ducks directly but it's worth watching for if you deal with them online.
Time spent in recce is never wasted
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

If anyone else contracts this rogue virus send me a PM and I will walk you through removing it.

Do Not Send Anyone Any Money!

The people you will send money to are the very ones that infected you with the virus.

It ticks me off when people get extorted like this.
stoop14

Post by stoop14 »

Thanks for the heads up since i use AVG too, but i'm sure you could of gotten rid of it without sending them money.
Equinox
Vari-Zone
Groundpounder Mount
STS
(hoping a boo string in the new year)