what is the difference betweeen

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crockett&boon

what is the difference betweeen

Post by Crockett&boon »

exomax and equinox crossbows is it just the stock?
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string
peter p

Post by peter p »

It's the same bow except the Equinox is a little shorter in overall length (the stock is shorter) and has a thumb hole stock but the power stroke and poundage are exactly the same.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

just what peter said :D 8)

the reason I waited for the equinox was the thumbhole stock. I always shoot a thumbhole much better for some reason
Stash

Post by Stash »

There is a slight difference in the position of the trigger in the main extrusion, so the stocks are not interchangeable. Because of this I would assume the trigger assemblies are slightly different, although I haven't taken them apart to be absolutely sure.

The butt-to-trigger distance is almost the same for both bows, but the Equinox feels a lot shorter because your wrist is down more.

The camo color is different.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Stash wrote:There is a slight difference in the position of the trigger in the main extrusion, so the stocks are not interchangeable. Because of this I would assume the trigger assemblies are slightly different, although I haven't taken them apart to be absolutely sure.

The butt-to-trigger distance is almost the same for both bows, but the Equinox feels a lot shorter because your wrist is down more.

The camo color is different.
i always thought the stocks would interchange on any models ? how is it that there was a thumbhole stock put on a vixen. was it bstout that has this i think ?
Normous

Post by Normous »

Just as Bob said it doesn't take long for the conversion to the thumbhole stock. I did it for a friend a couple months ago and found it easy.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

thanks for the help
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string