O/T smallmouth fishing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8up

O/T smallmouth fishing

Post by 8up »

In the early 80's my dad took me with one of his friends and his son camping to a lake in somewhere in Canada. We lived just across the detroit river. I can't remember the name of the lake of even how many hours we traveled but didn't seem too far away.

It seems like the lake had an Indian name. It was a great time. You could catch smallmouth bass all day long until your arm was to tired to reel. Mostly 12" or so long. We played cards at night. It was hard to see your cards at times as yours eyes watered do to the methane created by the pinto beans that were on each nights menu.

It was the first time I had really gone camping as one of the guys. No women with us.

I am currently trying to find the man that took us there. If I locate him I am thinking about taking my son there this summer. A gazillion smallmouth and memories with dad, it don't get any better than that.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Grizzly Adam

Re: O/T smallmouth fishing

Post by Grizzly Adam »

8up wrote: " ... a lake somewhere in Canada."
Well, that certainly narrows it down, 8up! :shock: :lol: :wink:

I sure hope someone can help you. Sounds like you had a great time. Memories like that are precious indeed! 8)

Even if you can't find out where you went and who took you, maybe you can find a reasonable substitute and do your best to recreate the experience with your own boy.

I wish you every success! :D
Grizz
8up

Post by 8up »

The lake name in Ontario I believe its named Chibilo (sp?) and about maybe 70 miles from Sault Ste Marie.

Does this sound Familiar to anyone?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
northbaydude

Post by northbaydude »

chapleau is a place in ontario north of sault Ste marie

http://www.chapleau.com/

good luck!
Northbaydude
Looking for hunting groups and/or frineds in North Bay Ontario area
8up

Post by 8up »

Found it its Chiblow lake and little Chiblow just outside Iron Bridge