Mark Henenger Stock for Sale

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Butcher

Mark Henenger Stock for Sale

Post by The Butcher »

I bought this stock off of foreman about a month ago, and the day after I bought it, another member pm'd me, and had one in the green brown tan laminate. I'd like to sell this one for what I paid, and buy the other one. A member was interested, but have not heard from him. I paid $265 Shipped, and will take the same in the CONUS only. I will ship to Canada, provided the buyer pays with Paypal, plus acutal shipping for Canadian buyers. Stock fit is as good as factory plactic stock. Beautiful craftsmanship. Thanks For looking.

If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Wow, those things take my breath away.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

First Class all the way. Must mention, I have this on a 2006 Exocet. From what I gather, it will not fit on some models. Not sure which ones. Don
mikej

Post by mikej »

what type of wood is used for these wood stocks to get that look as well as the different colouring ? does anybody that puts these stocks on ever sell their plastic stock? i have been looking for one for a while
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Most likely a stained maple laminate. They are a little heavy, but quiet the bow down. If I sell this one, and get the other, I may consider selling my plastic stock. Shoot me a pm and I'll save it, and let you know at a later date if I decide to sell it. Don
hawg hunter

wood stock

Post by hawg hunter »

those stock wrk, they balance the bow better, their quieter, and like the one I have they're so pretty you can hardly stand to take them in the bush and get scratched. that stock is for left hand shooter correct?
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

The Butcher wrote:First Class all the way. Must mention, I have this on a 2006 Exocet. From what I gather, it will not fit on some models. Not sure which ones. Don
it wont fit the vortex and equinox models.. which suks since I want one but cant use it
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

The laminate stocks are actually made of birch which takes a stain really nice. Actually how they are made is usually they start out as 1/16" or 1/8" plys and are impregnated with stain before being laminated (this gives a very rich colour). They are then laminated and pressed with hydrolic pressure to give you a very uniform final product void free.

I am a cabinet maker by trade and can do pretty well anything out of wood imaginable but actually gluing up a laminate stock is something I will stay away from as you can buy them for a pretty good price already done and cut out in the ruff. To make a stock then you just need the right tools. The major one that most don't think about and works really nice is a milling machine( steel shop) do this and bed the action before doing the carving work...makes it alot easier keeping everything square.

How much of an intrest would there be in custom stocks if they were available easily seeing Marks stocks are now hard to come by?

If anyone has any other info or prices on what they would go for please PM me....Like I said..I am a cabinet maker by day Premiercustomwoodworks.com and like to tinker in the shop in my off hours on fun stuff like gun stocks and stuff!!!!!

RyanB
Ryan
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

It is for a right or left hander. It has the monte carlo cheek piece on both sides. When I get the new one, that is one of the things I'm going to do to lighten it a little, remove the montecarlo on both sides. Yes Marks stocks are getting very hard to get. The do make a world of difference in my opinion.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Stock is: SOLD PENDING FUNDS
roland

Post by roland »

you can buy laminated blanks from a site for $70 to $120. There complete gun stocks are about the same price.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

what is the final cost to get them fit to the excalibur? Total out the door?
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

roland wrote:you can buy laminated blanks from a site for $70 to $120. There complete gun stocks are about the same price.
I have seen them as low as $45US but that is just the price of the material. Even for my self it would still take me a good 8-10 hours just to get the stock to the point of being ready for finishing. There is alot of work involved and the accuracy is VERY important. The use of a milling machine is needed to make this happen in that 8-10 hours as if you had to chisle out the stock to fit the action, barrel or riser it would take forever!!!!!

Anyone know what Mark or others charged for there new stocks when they were available?

RyanB
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Anyone know what Mark or others charged for there new stocks when they were available?
About $285 for a pistol grip and $325 and up for a thumbhole. Let me tell you what kind of guy he is. I had ordered a LH pistol grip and when it finally got to me, there was apparently a flaw in the lamination as one ear formed by rope cocker groove broke off on one side. I was just sick. When I told him about it, I suggested he could just back cut that area a tad and install a brass plate w/ groove in it. He refused and insisted on building a new stock at no charge to me.

That's a class act in anyones book, imho.
"Eze 18:21"
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Sounds like a good guy!!!!!!! That was a pretty decent price!! Anyone know why he isn't doing it anymore?

Ryan
awshucks wrote:
About $285 for a pistol grip and $325 and up for a thumbhole. Let me tell you what kind of guy he is. I had ordered a LH pistol grip and when it finally got to me, there was apparently a flaw in the lamination as one ear formed by rope cocker groove broke off on one side. I was just sick. When I told him about it, I suggested he could just back cut that area a tad and install a brass plate w/ groove in it. He refused and insisted on building a new stock at no charge to me.

That's a class act in anyones book, imho.