gun show tomorrow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

gun show tomorrow

Post by Pydpiper »

Woodstock fairgrounds, 7:30 am to 1 PM.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
dutchhunter

SNOWY RIDE

Post by dutchhunter »

anybody planning on going DUTCH
honker

Post by honker »

wish i could.. need to get a .243 with a scope, and pronto.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

.243 are nice rifles. Just had my new savage out yesterday for the first time. Could shoot it all day and not get sore shoulder. First two shots was not even close to target (6 by 6in.) at 30 yards but after 6 shots got it dialed in. Going back out this am after cleaning and setup from 100 yards this time.
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

wheelie wrote:.243 are nice rifles. Just had my new savage out yesterday for the first time. Could shoot it all day and not get sore shoulder. First two shots was not even close to target (6 by 6in.) at 30 yards but after 6 shots got it dialed in. Going back out this am after cleaning and setup from 100 yards this time.
Wheelie, how is the Savage shooting?? Consistent groupings?

I'm looking at the .243 as well.

I have a Savage .22 mag and love it. Excellent trigger and nice groups at 100 yds. Looking to increase range for the yotes.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

only took a few shots Saturday, Didn't make it out yesterday. Yes shoots good and set up scope. Want to break it in slow with a few shots then clean it and go back out. Try not to heat up the barrel to much. Till I have about 30 shots through it then I will take it to a range. Good way or bad is debatable but thats the way I am going to do it