Summit viper ss review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Summit viper ss review

Post by vixenmaster »

i bought mine this summer, the climber works well but you will certainly build up muscles in ankle and calf. cons the coating on cables pulled apart on 2nd use not a big thing but it does add to the hookup noise now. have to adjust either foot section or seat section once you reach heigth you want. so your legs won't be too high or low. wrap it in cloth to help with noise. my excal stock would scrap or bump at times as i moved to look behind and it was loud enough a deer could hear it for easy 100 yds. not what you want using a CB. i wrapped my front safety/support bar but stand needs every exposed section covered as buttons zippers anything hits it makes noise. i am going to get some kind of hanger to put CB on thats easy to reach. if you tote stand in and out each time like i do. the colder it gets the more noise during hookup it makes. i would love to leave it on a tree locked and just mash the bark in the mornings. thieves here make that impossible. over all i rate the stand a keeper. those who weigh or have extra fluff like me its abit snug with all my winter clothing on. the bigger goliath would be better choice
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Thanks for the review.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

I have a goliath and I did log a lot of hours in it this past season - LOVE IT!
Darz Bór!
subneural

Re: Summit viper ss review

Post by subneural »

smokepolehall wrote:...those who weigh or have extra fluff like me its abit snug with all my winter clothing on. the bigger goliath would be better choice...
smokepolehall, how big are you? I'm 5'10" and pushing 210 when geared up. I'm trying to figure out if a viper will do me, or if the goliath is the way to go. Thanks.
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I'd get the bigger version.. I have the viper and its a great stad, but I seldom even use it for the reasons above. I dont like leaving the climber in the woods, but trying to haul any climber in makes sound son every limb you hit. Then when you install on the tree, the cables still make thuds and bangs. They arent LOUD, but loud enough that if a bucks close by he will here it. I like silence and for me hang on and tree steps are the best combo for that(but they arent for everyone).

if it helps, im 6'2 and 175 and the viper is a tight fit for me with bow in hand. Its a great sit all day stand, but not alot of movement from side to side(which is good and bad)

its one of the better climbers ive used, but I just cant stand the noise that comes with any climber
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

5' 9" & 215 with all my cold weather clothing on & insulted rubber boots. not alot of spare room, i cannot put my arms down on each side at same time and not be pressing one side or the other of upper section. i should have went to a store and ck'ed better and i would have gotten the goliath. its abit more comfortable abit bigger.
Half Bubble Off BD360

michiganman

vipper

Post by michiganman »

i had the viper ss,it did work for me,but i should have bought the goliath.im 6ft3" 260 plus.you also have to watch wich one you buy.some models you sit on the rail and lift the bottom.My nephew uses the one with out the rails,you need to be younger and good arms for thes models
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
michiganman

cold

Post by michiganman »

smokepolehall

does it get that cold down Tennessee. lol
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

lowest i have been hunting in here was 4 degrees, its really not that cold to some ppl but i live 5 miles from the big muddy and wins blow 10 to 40 mph almost everyday in the winter and it freezes my rump and everything else
Half Bubble Off BD360

Sopchoppy

viper review

Post by Sopchoppy »

I have the Ultimate Viper SS. Weighs 28 pounds but feels like 128 by the time I get the stand, my pack, my Vortex or my rifle, and me to the tree. I'm 5'8" 175 with 3' and 75 pounds in my rump so it's still big enough. Easy to climb, stable and comfortable, just wish it was'nt so heavy. Only climber I've owned so can't compare to others.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone