compound crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

would you buy one if excalibur made one?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:04 pm

yes
38%
no
62%

Total votes: 60

terrym

Post by terrym »

I also love the simplicity of the recurve. I bet yopu that a bunch of the compound crossbows out there are seriously out of tune and don't shoot anywhere what they are designed to do. I also hunt with a compound verticle bow and understand how important tune is in a compound. The other thing is while on a trip you just need to carry a spare string and a stringer not a press.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

smokepolehall wrote:actually if Excal would make the riser assembly that would fit the their existing Bow i would be interested. bet you can do that with the paradox/maxpoint!
Those two bows were a joint venture between Excal and Bear Archery, before Bear ran into financial problems and got bought out.

That being the case, you're quite correct in saying that the Excalbur risers and limbs would fit a Paradox/Maxpoint.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Close Up

Post by Close Up »

No I would not because if you break a string in the feild you are done . But with the recurve limbs you just pull out your backup string and restring it. And yes Excal has made a compound crossbow with bear archery.
hawg hunter

compound xbow

Post by hawg hunter »

I.voted yes. I have a Maxpoint myself as well as two other Excal recurves. The Max is deer stand shooter from a dead rest its weight is perfect for long shots at hogs, its speed rivals that of an exomax and draw weight is 50#s lighter. that alone lured me to have one. I've heard through the grape vine that with a little tweaking here and there that this bow was capalbe of a lot more speed. Mine shoots a 400gr at 342fps and thats plenty fast. any faster and the carbon arrows are farther past your animal and are hard to find after the passthroughs.
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

I like the the look of a recurve one of the main reasons I started looking at the excalibur bows.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece