COLD out!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

catcher

Re: COLD out!

Post by catcher »

wheelie wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote:seems winters finally here LOL..

We dont usually get the single digit temps here in Va, but Saturday mornings lows are forcasted to be 7 degrees. I know its -20 in some parts of the US right now though. I know ya'll up in Cdn are loving this heat wave also :P
WE just have to club more seals for heating oil for warmth in our igloos but all is good.
I find that if I have it to hot in my igloo it melts the walls and makes it easier for the Polar Bears to get in. Be careful
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
VixChix

Re: COLD out!

Post by VixChix »

catcher wrote:I find that if I have it to hot in my igloo it melts the walls and makes it easier for the Polar Bears to get in. Be careful
Hopefully the sound of your sled dogs barking will keep the bears away! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Our local forecast calls for temps in the 10-15 F range tonight.

I know y'all Canucks don't think that's cold, but it's cold for here.

Coldest I've ever seen in my part of Carolina was 15 F, so I might see a new personal record for the area tonight.

I've got business in Kill Devil Hills on the Outer Banks tonight. I bet it'll be chilly with that ocean breeze blowing a gale! 8) :wink:

BTW: I've lived in conditions as cold as -30 F (with windchills in the -60 to -70 range) before, so I won't be all that impressed either! :shock: :P
Grizz
catcher

Post by catcher »

Kill Devil Hills. Isn't that where Dennis Anderson of Grave Digger is from.
I am going to see him tomorrow in Toronto at the Rogers Center. Might have to wear my camo hat to that event.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
beretta96D

Post by beretta96D »

We broke -40C this morning according to my truck. I took a Mr. Freeze which was thawed, then closed the window on the wrapper and kept it outside. It only took 4 Km's to freeze solid!
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Eastern wussies :wink:

Heat wave in AB and it's about time. Spent most of Christmas and New Years with temps approaching -40 and daytime highs in the -20's/-30's. Yesterday, today and the weekend are fantastic........above freezing and even into the double digits on the plus side of the thermometer.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Apple_Orchard

Post by Apple_Orchard »

-20F last evening one hour south of Montreal here in NW Vermont. But in Island Pond, Vermont it dropped to -42 F last night!!!!!!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

ehntr wrote:Yesterday, today and the weekend are fantastic........above freezing and even into the double digits on the plus side of the thermometer.
Send it this way! Our snowbanks are so high that when I'm pulling out of the driveway I'm doing it blind.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

catcher wrote:Kill Devil Hills. Isn't that where Dennis Anderson of Grave Digger is from.
Yep! 8)
Grizz
blackdi

Post by blackdi »

Here in PA. It got to -5, That is really cold to me. I don't know how the people in the upper north can stand it. I guess like everything, You get used to it.
Black Diamond Kennles
Home Of
BLACK DIAMOND ICE MAN
BLACKDIAMOND COVE
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

You know it's been cold when it has warmed up to minus 21 C today ...on the way home from ice fishing yesterday saw 3 trucks in the ditch and flipped over....crazy black ice ..... they appeared to be single vehicle accidents too.....but still not cold enough to keep me off the lake
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

yes it is to cold for here to. consdering we were in the mid 70s a few weeks ago .i have now got the fishing fever the crappie are getting ready to go to bed here and the the bream will in late march thru may. so i really want a warm up to come.
excalibur phoenix
lumi-zone
sts system
acu draw 50
custom string by boo
groundpounders mount
cas custom bolts
100gr slick tricks
excalibur shooter for life
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Some of you Guys and Gals do have it cold. It was -18 here yesterday Morning and that was bad enough. My heat Pump froze up. :(