Wild TV

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Wild TV

Post by ComfyBear »

Well the free preview of Wild TV is over; it ended Jan. 14. Unfortunately, Rogers decided that instead of it being a specialty channel, they decided to classify it as a premium channel. So instead of it being $2.79 per month, they are going to chatge $6.95. :shock:

I was willing to order it at $2.79, so I phoned Rogers, that's when I got the bad news. I told them that for $6.95 I wasn't interested. I was told that if they get enough negative feedback, and few orders they might reconsider.

So if any of you feel the same way, maybe you can let Rogers know.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
MPSNIPER

Post by MPSNIPER »

I'd love to be able to even get it period. We do not have the option and our only cable company is Cogeco (not Rogers). :evil:
"like a hound...he hunts in his dreams"
Boo

Post by Boo »

Thank gawd it is no longer free! I wasted far too much time watching!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
huntman

Post by huntman »

Sorry CB already ordered it! Didn't even ask what the price was. To be honest it wouldnt of made a difference i would of paid more if i had to!
korey99

Post by korey99 »

Considering it's only $2.50/month with Bell, how can they justify that BS? And Bell has it packaged with a theme pack for only $8.00/month and you get other channels as well.

Friggin ridiculous...$6.95/month.

Not subscribing at that rate. Had it too long and cheaper while with Bell to stomach that price.
Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

Personally, I refuse to give a dime to either Rogers or Bell for a specialty channel to be constantly bombarded by advertisers. It's one thing to watch and pay for a feature length film but I draw the line at infomercials.

Same goes with so called Sportsman shows. Let the manufacturers and organizers pay to entice me into spending my dollars on their products.

Ever notice that if you turn down a subscription to your local newspaper they will practically almost deliver it for free...........

Grizzly-Papa
Life is too short to spend it indoors!
mattones

Post by mattones »

Cogeco has it in a package deal with OFN and the fight network for 6.99 i think.
08 Diamond Justice
2015 Micro 335 -Custom Flemish String-Lumonzombies
Normous

Post by Normous »

MPSNIPER wrote:I'd love to be able to even get it period. We do not have the option and our only cable company is Cogeco (not Rogers). :evil:
I have Wild TV from Cogeco. Channel 119.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

sounds like pretty high for a hunting site
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string
Phoenix92

Post by Phoenix92 »

The ROGERS sales/customer support team was poorly trained on this fantastic channel. I had 3 different answers on what was to be charged monthly on my account and what it included. With such a niche channel such as Wild TV and a free 3 month preview the powers that be had more than ample time to figure it out .... maybe they were hunting :D
Regardless I bit the bullet and ordered the channel and hopefully I can get some straight answers after I get my first bill
Fox

Post by Fox »

I was actually disappointed with the channel. The shows I wanted to see were constantly being re-run or worse only showed 1 minute of the shot then hammered you with advertising.

Did anyone else notice how much of the hunts were on "ranches" like the elk hunt near Montreal, just worries me that the non-hunters are seeing a lot of canned hunts.

Anyway for the most part not bad though, I just wish the really good shows were aired a little more often and showed full seasons, or at least mixed up the re-runs, I could watch Cabelas for way too many hours.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i do believe that you can get wild tv from cogeco but you must have the digital package with the box ...it doesn't come with the basic cable ..
Normous

Post by Normous »

warningshot wrote:i do believe that you can get wild tv from cogeco but you must have the digital package with the box ...it doesn't come with the basic cable ..
Correct, I've got the digital package with box.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Mountain Man

Post by Mountain Man »

That's a ridiculous price.

I'm with Star Choice and "Wild TV" qualified for their "Take 1" or "Take 2" option.

If you only wish Wild TV, then you can choose it as a "Take 1" option and it costs 2.49/mth.

I also like watching the old sitcoms (Family Ties, All In The Family...). So I chose the "Take 2" option for 2.99/mth ("DejaView" channel and "Wild TV"). So essentially, Wild TV is costing me only 1.49/mth.

Mountain Man
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i won't ever get it, don't have cable here too far out. the satelites cost more than my phone bill and internet service. so my tv is for playing dvd's i buy 3 or 4 a year mostly movies.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315