Another string question?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bomtek44

Another string question?

Post by bomtek44 »

My Exomax was bought from a friend. The string is 28 strands of alternating black and gray material, endless loop, and with gray end and center serving. Speeds on the Exomax are 330 fps at 390 grain total arrow weight and 317 fps at 442 grain total arrow weight.

Today I looked at two 1994 strings in the packaging. One was just like mine. The other was all black strands. They do not appear the same.

Are my strings endless loop ff?

There was also I believe the green a black dacron flemish twist. I assume it would be a bit quieter but 10-15 fps slower?

Thanks,
bomtek44
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

usually the blk. n grey is a flemish fast flite. endless loop all blk is the dacron and there is flemish dacron i don't know the string color.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

If it's an endless loop, the string is:
EXCEL STRINGS are machine made to achieve high arrow velocities wtih maximum reliablity. This string comes standard with all of our models. For use only with Excalibur Crossbows with "Magtip" moulded limb tips
If it's a flemish twist:
FLEMISH DYNA FLIGHT string combines modern materials with traditional time proven design for the utmost in performance and durability. For use only on Excalibur Crossbows with "Magtip" moulded limb tips.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Boo

Re: Another string question?

Post by Boo »

Twenty-eight strands tells me that that string may be made from Dynaflight possibly not a factory string. B-500 Dacron strings usually have 32 strands. Dacron strands are visibly thicker than Dynaflight. The green and black Flemish string is probably B-500(counting the strands would confirm that). B500 strings are lots thicker as well.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bomtek44

Post by bomtek44 »

Boo,

One of the strings is on the bow. The other is identical and is in an Excalibur package, with item # 1994. It is made in USA and cautioned against using with carved tips. The other string labeled 1994 had all black strands and the strands were a bit thicker.

I think I may have the older 1994 strings that were made in endless loop ff fashion, according to some of the search data I have found here.

While I have the attention of the "String Doctor", would the factory fff be a bit easier on the bow or would you recommend one of your Dacron flemish strings. I could sacrifice 10 fps to gain long life for the limbs and a quieter shot.

Thanks,
bomtek44
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

spect Boo will chime in when he reads your post. the Fast flite either endless loop or flemish is a limb shaker and is hard on the Bow & limbs. either the excel or dacron of either fashion is a better choice against limb shock & dryfires. i have 3 flemish fast flite strings plus several dacron & excel strings. i am using the FFF til a strand breaks on them and will trash each as it does that. i am not getting anymore.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

Certainly the easiest on your limbs and the most quiet is the Dacron string. Call Danny Miller at Horizontal Archery 37432 Fifth Avenue 740-483-2312 and get either a Dacron endless loop or Flemish string. Both are quite functional strings.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

ok i have the fff string from excal that is blk/grey....this string is not a good idea to use....i do have one of your boo strings in grey/green i think or blk/green....i'm waiting till the fff is done before switching or should i switch it out before next years hunting seasons start....the two stock factory strings i have are just sitting around now.............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Boo

Post by Boo »

bob1961 wrote:ok i have the fff string from excal that is blk/grey....this string is not a good idea to use....i do have one of your boo strings in grey/green i think or blk/green....i'm waiting till the fff is done before switching or should i switch it out before next years hunting seasons start....the two stock factory strings i have are just sitting around now.............bob

There is nothing bad about the factory "Fast Flight" string.