Pennsylvania passes full crossbow inclusion...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

Post by mikej »

a step in the right direction. how many states have allowed them now
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Happy about the passing, but not happy about the magnification clause. There goes a wasted $100 and something dollars. Leave it to this state. I've lived and hunted here my whole life, and everything from the way they handle anterless tags to the stupid stamps for the license. Why can't they offer a combo license like everyone else, set up check stations(so they can get a better idea of the harvest). I live about 5 minutes from ohio, and the same from wv, but finding out of state areas to hunt is tough around here. If I was not tied to this job right now, I could give up Pennsylvania and their season all together. They need to get with the program.
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

boy i sure hope i can find the fixed sight that came with my exomag, never thought i'd have to take my scope off :evil:
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Let me know, I think I have an extra, I'll have to check though. Don
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

planter wrote:Just visited my other favorite "bowhunting" forum and as expected you would think the sky had fallen.
Same here.

The Pa. Forums are Buzzing!!!!!!
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i had pa's lifetime disabled permit for 2 years now and i had nothing to gain with this vote at all, but i lost big time with the loss of my scope use in archery seasons now....but i can put it on for regular deer and bear seasons, then switch back to peep/pin for archery season....i can no longer use it with the scope in the week of m/l in oct or the late flintlock season with the scope on my m/l stamp....way to go pa to our disabled hunters, i smell a discrimination lawsuite brewing againest the disabled....are you ready for that pa unless you grandfather us in..............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

We feel your pain guys! We're very excited about PA opening for full crossbow use but not allowing magnified scopes has us scrambling. We decided to have "Lite-Stuff" packages for all of our crossbow models this year including a scope :roll: ! Oh, well we will figure something out for you guys in PA so that many more hunters can join the Excalibur team.

Peter
supertuck

fiber optic sights

Post by supertuck »

I just removed my varizone scope and installed the fiber optics but instead of 50yards now I have 20 this stinks
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Can anyone confirm that a disabled permit holder can still use a scope with magnification after this new ruling?
I have hunted down there for years,and would have to remove my Lumizone,if that is not the case.
For me,this ruling is forcing me to go backwards!
Years ago,I had a compound bow with a side mount scope,and it was legal.
In those days,I was also using a recurve without any form of sight and could shoot comfortably out to 40-45 yards.
Is this called "progress"?
Bob Vandrish.
supertuck

permit

Post by supertuck »

all crossbows in pa. are limited to 1x magnification red dots are allowed.no lumizone or varizone.this is a tough one but maybe down the line they will change it.they dont seem to care about the disabled hunters they are trying to satisfy the compound hunters in my opinion.total bs.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

It was a compromise to get the 4th yea vote and the PGC threw the UBP a bone on that. Better to have full inclusion and no magnification than no full inclusion at all.

The UBP thinks not as many folks will pick up a crossbow if they cant use a scope.

Fool 'em guys. Get you a nice 1X 3 dot red dot. That'll work!!
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

I agree woody, but a compromise should have been for hunters who were not disabled. Current holders of the disabled permit, as someone else stated, could have been grandfathered in. If they allowed it before, I don't see what the big deal is. Next, the pgc will want me to take the 6.5-20 Leupold off my 25-06 Rem. and go back to my old Winchester 94 30-30. I'm not saying I'm not happy with the inclusion, it just happened to be at mine and others expense. This is exactly the reason I always run for the negotiating committee in my union. I'm afraid what the knuckle heads would bring back for a contract I'd have to live with for the next 3 years. Pennsylvania will screw it up, just give them the chance. Just my 2cts.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I would ask that you and others that feel the same way contact the PGC and voice your opinions on the no magnification rule.

It is possible taht they could come up with a waiver.

It is worth a try.

I am quite sure that some of us older folks need those scopes to adequately place our arrows where they should be.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

Woody Williams wrote:I would ask that you and others that feel the same way contact the PGC and voice your opinions on the no magnification rule.

It is possible taht they could come up with a waiver.

It is worth a try.

I am quite sure that some of us older folks need those scopes to adequately place our arrows where they should be.
that's a great idea, any permit holders are able to use scopes before the vote date....any permit holders out there hang on to them in case things are turned around in 2012...........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

If anyone wants to send in comments to the PA Game Comm... this is the email address

[email protected]

I sent in my long winded 2 cents worth and actually got a replay that seems like its not in stone yet but at the next meeting could poss change
with more input from crossbow hunters..
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope