pic test...pixel

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bj

pic test...pixel

Post by bj »

here we go...i think i've created a monster...here's some -20 degree stuff outside today with my grandson...he's three and normally about 5 minutes of anything and he moves on to something else...we spent a good hour outside today (froze my hands numerous times - he kept telling me his were warm :oops: )...this bow is awesome !...i sighted the bow in for 15, 20 and 25 yards and then the wee one took over...he's shooting at approx. 40 feet for his first time...

the target bag was okay, but the windshield washer jug was just a bit more interesting

your's is the one farthest away from the centre, grandpa !...

try this one more time...
Last edited by bj on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bj

Post by bj »

oops so much for that test...back to the drawing board...
bj

Post by bj »

ah, got it...
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like we may have another Excalibur fanatic among the ranks! :lol: :lol: :lol:
How does the new Pixel perform?
wabi
bj

Post by bj »

wabi wrote:Looks like we may have another Excalibur fanatic among the ranks! :lol: :lol: :lol:
hey Mike...

it's shooting pretty much the same hole at 20 yards with a 2.5 power old ten point scope i had kicking around..the majority of the bolts that he was shooting were a 55/75 gold tip, 18" shaft with aluminum inserts, feathers and a 100 grain field point...this bow is basically the same as all of the other bows in the lineup...same trigger, rail (shorter), machined riser and a unique limb system that can be changed out later to move the poundage up to a 90 and a 120 lb. bow...currently the limbs are 40 lbs. and because of the accuracy this thing is capable of, is going to be one great bow for the kids...
saxman

Post by saxman »

Great pictures.
Another leftie,I love it.

Congrats to you for keeping the flame burning,Good on ya!!!
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
bj

Post by bj »

saxman wrote:Great pictures.

yep looks like it...i tried to get him switched over, but the left eye kept coming up dominant...nothing wrong with the leftie thing, i just wasn't used to it as no one else in our family is left handed...
wabi

Post by wabi »

bj wrote:
wabi wrote:Looks like we may have another Excalibur fanatic among the ranks! :lol: :lol: :lol:
hey Mike...

it's shooting pretty much the same hole at 20 yards with a 2.5 power old ten point scope i had kicking around..the majority of the bolts that he was shooting were a 55/75 gold tip, 18" shaft with aluminum inserts, feathers and a 100 grain field point...this bow is basically the same as all of the other bows in the lineup...same trigger, rail (shorter), machined riser and a unique limb system that can be changed out later to move the poundage up to a 90 and a 120 lb. bow...currently the limbs are 40 lbs. and because of the accuracy this thing is capable of, is going to be one great bow for the kids...
Sure wish Excal had brought this out a year earlier, I bought my son a Barnett Phantom Jr. this summer (can be upgraded to an RC150 later).
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

my lil boy does the samething... he's 4 and I got him shooting a rimfire rifle and he likes shooting lefthanded since he can hold the stock better. His issue is he likes both eyes open when shooting

i see a pixel in my future
Big John

m

Post by Big John »

Excellent BJ! :) 8)
Look's like he has found something very cool to amuse his mind. 8)
Sure is a neat looking little set up. Hope he keeps at it.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

bj wrote:
saxman wrote:Great pictures.

yep looks like it...i tried to get him switched over, but the left eye kept coming up dominant...nothing wrong with the leftie thing, i just wasn't used to it as no one else in our family is left handed...
Little tough being a leftie, majority of guns are for right hand shooter not lefties. I am blind in one eye so had to switch but now left handed feel normal. All my bolt action rifles are right so I always figure I get one shot unless animal is stupid. But as stated previously stupid animals taste good to.

bj, looking good I will be up you way in the spring for a month or so gasing up a Boston Pizza think it is. Be staying up there and plan on bring some hunting gear of some sort.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Great to see the little ones getting a chance to shoot !!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Awesome! Lucky little fellow you have there bj, looks like he is having a lot of fun!
You guys must have a pile of snow up there this year, there is nowhere on the earth as beautiful as Huntsville in the winter, or summer for that matter.
Peter told me that you can add the regular limbs to that bow bringing it to around 100 lbs when the kids start to outgrow it, that makes it all worth while.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Great shots Wyane ! ... Great to see the young ones getting into it !

You guys have enough snow yet !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Great job! I love to see youngsters getting excited about hunting and the outdoors!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.