O/T Yankee Go Home

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

O/T Yankee Go Home

Post by Mike P »

Yankee Go Home

My long departed family members are spinning in their graves. I have contributed poorly to my family heritage. And it has become evident to all that my bloodline and my genes are not up to the task. On our family tree, I now am nothing but a small vine. I am a DNA wimp! And I blame the blond.

How could a Scandinavian bloodline so decimate a long and illustrious Texas heritage? At family gatherings my children and grandchildren stick out like sore thumbs. Of all the nieces and nephews and grand nieces and nephews, you can pick out mine even if you are a total stranger. I blame the blond.

Within two years of the birth of my son and daughter I started to endure little quips from my brothers like "Did the Swede go back home about nine months before those two were born?" I just had to take it. I had passed on no traits. The children looked nothing like me what so ever. I blame the blond.

But she wasn't satisfied. No, not by a long shot. It wasn't enough to have her children look like miniature clones of her. No, her Viking bloodline demanded that the link continue. There is no fighting it. Every time a new grandchild is born a piece of Texas dies. I blame the blond.

We received a portrait of my son's two girls this morning. I looked at the picture for a long time. Finally I turned to the Swede and said "Well I hope you're happy, all five of them look just like you!" And with her accented English she replies "Ya, der is a gawd."

I blame the blond.

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Wow, simply wow.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

You are blessed! (Thank the Swede! :lol: )
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
sleddog2

Post by sleddog2 »

[color=darkblue][/color][size=12][/size]Hi Mike: you have two beautiful grandchildern in that picture.

I too had the same problem with my only child. I can not find anything in her that belongs to me. Anyone who knows my wife's family knows what family she (daughter) comes from. I used to question my wife about why my daughter looks so much like her family & not mine. And all she would do was shrug her shoulders.

It is a good thing my daughter takes after my wife as she is way better looking than me.
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Thanks for the laugh. Made my morning.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
saxman

Post by saxman »

Beautiful girls Mike. :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Another good read and great pic! Those two are a pair of cuties!
"Eze 18:21"
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

They will be breaking hearts the world over in a few years. You will have a full time job fending off the suitors. :D
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
maple

Post by maple »

Don't they say that everything's bigger in Texas?

Just look at those big blue Texan eyes.

Fantastic young'ns you (and the Swede) have there Mike.

Maple
fletch

Post by fletch »

Absolutely adorable Mike, your genes are inside them ,the perfect combination of beauty (thank the Swede) and the brains (probably you).LOL
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
kennisondan

Post by kennisondan »

thank the swede man.. thank the swede... she must be pretty awesome also... I do not pity you one bit... LOL
great looking kids...
dk
life guard at the gene pool
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.