What type of broadhead do you use?

Fixed Blade
75%
Expanding Blade
25%

Total votes: 68

Apple_Orchard

Post by Apple_Orchard »

SlickTricks have proven to be rugged and true to flight. No re-sighting needed from shooting field points.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

smokepolehall wrote:they also had the 5 bladed model in the orange case.
Yep, I have about ten of them, if memory serves the are like 145 gr.
bassboater

Post by bassboater »

curmudgeon wrote:Muzzy's now but thinking of switching to Rage to see if they fly as claimed like field tips. I like that they come with a practice blade even if three cost $39,95 locally, $36.95 at the Superstore plus shipping. I have heard they can be re- sharpened. Is this true ?
i tried the rage 2 blade and they do fly just like my 100 gr fld pts. no adj req. on scope. Havent killed with em yet but we shall see..
Hunter at heart, fish in the off deer season. Month of Feb i have off from the outdoors, wife always wants chores then. She's a sportsman's widow
xbow kenny

Post by xbow kenny »

One of my favorite bh is the magnus stinger 4bld these things fligh great and penatrate even better.
I own P&R archery and sport. i sell excalibur crossbows and more. i also make custom strings and arrows. Relayer Y25 #559 Kenny custom string
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Slick Tircks + Muzzys
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have tried a ton of different broadheads in the last year or so. By far, the best is the Stricknines. 125 grain, 2" cut, three blades of pure mean cutting.

Great hit, marginal hit, gut shot . . .all went down within 40 yards.

The proof is in the drop.

Anybody out there that is sick of tracking a deer needs to shoot a stricknine. Never again will you find your deer the next day.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Sumner wrote:
Great hit, marginal hit, gut shot . . .all went down within 40 yards.

The proof is in the drop.

Anybody out there that is sick of tracking a deer needs to shoot a stricknine. Never again will you find your deer the next day.
I don't believe I would ever be so *bold* as to make a statement like this. I've "accidentally" shot a doe in the back leg before with a Muzzy and only had it go 20 yards before piling up. But I sure wouldn't say buy a Muzzy and you can hit one anywhere and bring it down. Just happened to hit that lucky artery.
Why ride when you can walk!
mikej

Post by mikej »

wow mechanicals really got steam rolled on this one