Anybody turkey hunting with crossbow this spring......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

I will try , i want to get one with my vortex. I have killed alot of turkeys but one with the x-bow has eluded me. I am pumped for this season maybe this season will be the season.
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
Peach

Post by Peach »

I'll be bringing the exocet out this year for sure....
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

GaryL wrote:I'm gonna try this year, I don't have to go far as they roost behind the house.... Wife keeps running them off every day :shock:
God, ya gotta hate when that happens to you!!!! LOL My dream is buy a farm that I can feed and then hunt from my back porch.
Benu

Post by Benu »

I going for the first one with my phoenix. I have never hunted turkey before and have never fired a shotgun. I trust the phoenix more is what it boils down to. I do have an old single shot from sears, that I might use for my second, if I can get out to pattern it in the spring.

Anyone know where some good turkey shot placement for bow images on the web are? Or turkey anatomy images?
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Benu;

Do you know of some good turkey hunting areas around Ottawa? I've never seen them anywhere where I hunt for deer outside of Ottawa. But Ottawa itself is full of them! Unfortunately, we can't hunt in the 'burbs.
Benu

Post by Benu »

Phoenix Tom,

I've been watching a flock all winter on NCC land in the green belt. At least 3 good size Toms. They are so protected, that they hang out in a field right next to the road! My wife says I should just go and get one, but I have decided to down to North Augusta.

In the summer I saw lots of signs and heard them going to roost in the Marlborough Forest, on eastern side of Rogers Pond. I actually found what looked like a turkey blind from the spring too.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

I'm trying a new broadhead for Turkey this year. I like the looks and the damage it does to the bird is awsome. Has anyone tried them yet? I orderd 6 from Ebay today and hope they will be here by the middle of next week.

http://www.americanbroadhead.com/index.shtml
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Gary L,

Tell your wife to keep up the fight and she will most likely succeed two days before the opener :lol: :lol: :lol: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
michiganman

turkey hunting

Post by michiganman »

i shot my first one with my gun.after that i went to bowhunting them.the challange is amazing,and i have shot my last three including the michigan NWTF state record with a bow at 25lbs.Now that i have moved on to a cross bow ,im looking forward to many years turkey hunting with it.

so once you get one in the bag ,go for it,youll never look back.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado