made in China O/T

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

catcher

made in China O/T

Post by catcher »

Everybody deals with this problem. But the other day I bought a bag of fish. Sole to be exact. I never even thought to look at where it was from. Being a northern salt water fish. So I open the bag and take some out for dinner and happen to read the bag it came in. And it says product of China. Come on what don't they make or produce. You can not even buy any local garlic it all comes from China. As my wife says when you picture China in your head do to all what is made there the vision you have is just industry everywhere. I do not know if it just here in Canada or is the whole world supplied with China products. :?:
Last edited by catcher on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

Something for the "Other Topics" section please.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
saxman

Post by saxman »

I think they export everywhere.
I feel your pain my friend.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
mikej

Post by mikej »

it's getting hard to find products that say made in canada or made in the usa on them anymore
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

saxman wrote:I think they export everywhere.
I feel your pain my friend.
Man Scott your sure right on on this one....

Cloths, hunting gear, FOOD, bait, you name it.. then people wounder where our (OUR) jobs are at :roll: :evil:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Problem is the people who are losing their jobs still continue to buy Chinese instead of North American . :shock:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Doe Master wrote:Problem is the people who are losing their jobs still continue to buy Chinese instead of North American . :shock:
CNN reported the CHINESE are not in good shape either, 200 sumptem I think they stated million were sent home cause of no work :shock:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I grew up on the east coast and this was also a topic of huge debate. When local fishermen's quotas were being cut, foreign ships were coming into Canadian waters and fishing. There was "nothing" that the authorites could do about it :roll: .

When you are in a store sometime have a look at EVERY product and see what the sticker on the bottom says. Made In China.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
wabi

Post by wabi »

At least not everything is made in China. I had to order 2 pairs of specialty pliers for fishing lure making and I got them today. One set (small diagonal cutters) were made in China, but the round/flat jaw pliers were made in Pakistan. :roll:
They both seem to be good quality, though. I tried them out on .024 SS wire and the cut & form it fine! :D
wabi
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

If you want Canadian or USA made , go to the local farmers market and purchase good quality product from them. We are so used to wanting things at the lowest price but forget it comes at a price. Someone else will make it cheaper-China.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
hawg hunter

made in China

Post by hawg hunter »

well her's a good one.Texas is known for good Mex.food. One of the best place to eat Mex food in our area is run and owned by Chinese. these people get their hands in everything. All of the cooks are chinese.
cabinfever

Post by cabinfever »

I just bought a new pair of red wing boots made in America $160. I thought all Red Wings were made in America, but one pair I tried on cost $230 when I looked at the tag they were made in China and yet they cost more than the American made boots. Also noticed that some of the Worx boots that started out as Red Wings China made boots Cost more than some of the American made Red Wings. This may not bother some people but it puts a fire in me.
exocet 200
grounponder
lumizone
mathews switchback
high country extreme