OT What you say

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tar Heel

OT What you say

Post by Tar Heel »

Thats what i'm saying a lot and wife complaining about the tv being too loud, i have been using ear plugs to target shoot but not to hunt and last season i shot a deer from a blind with the barrell sticking out and my left ear rang for a few days.
I want some good reasonablely priced electronic ear plugs so i can leave them in or a ear muff type, they don't have to ampfly but I want to hear the game what do you use.

Thanks Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
saxman

Post by saxman »

I am right there with you
The last deer I shot just killed my right ear and I am still having trouble.

I got some Caldwell Amplified ear muffs for about $35.00
They work good.
I can hear everything but it only has one mic so all sounds come from the same direction,the next one's will be stereo
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
kennisondan

Post by kennisondan »

I got myself real hearing aids cause I needed them anyway.. and they compress the sounds of gunfire and other loud noises instantly and they sound like low powered 22 cb caps at most.. also give me good hearing...
expensive fix though..
dk
life guard at the gene pool
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I would like to personally go the route of hearing aids but its not something insurance will pick up. And the last I checked they were about $2500.00. I'm only 37 but lost alot of my hearing from when I worked in a machine shop. Not to mention the loud music days and all of the gunfire (some with ear protection some without). I've considered getting the better walker game ears but they aren't cheap either. I too have to have the TV louder than normal for most and yes I do make people repeat themselves alot. I cannot remember the last time I actually heard a deer before I saw it (unless it was blowing at me :roll: ) I know that with this type of thing you get what you payfor and there are alot of "cheaper" products but I don't want to just hear it louder if it sounds like its through a CB radio or out of a tin can. One of these days I'll save up for it and get something good.
Why ride when you can walk!
hawg hunter

hearing

Post by hawg hunter »

I've had trouble hearing for some time also. A few years ago I bought some supposedly good hearing aids Beltone My isurance picked up part of the bill. These were really good when they worked but spent more time in the shop than in my ears. I tried Walker Game ears the best they made and they lasted for about two yrs. Wel about a year ago I bought Sport Ears the best that they had to offer. These are the best that I've had they amplify sound and shut down on gunfire or machine noise. They are not cheap but they wrk. I wear them about sixteen hours a day. OnlyTake them out when I go home.HAHA!!!! Yes dear Yes
Tar Heel

Re: hearing

Post by Tar Heel »

hawg hunter wrote:I've had trouble hearing for some time also. A few years ago I bought some supposedly good hearing aids Beltone My isurance picked up part of the bill. These were really good when they worked but spent more time in the shop than in my ears. I tried Walker Game ears the best they made and they lasted for about two yrs. Wel about a year ago I bought Sport Ears the best that they had to offer. These are the best that I've had they amplify sound and shut down on gunfire or machine noise. They are not cheap but they wrk. I wear them about sixteen hours a day. OnlyTake them out when I go home.HAHA!!!! Yes dear Yes
Hawg, when you hear something

in the woods can you tell where its at and which direction its coming. What model pro ears do you have.
Thanks

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain