New Member with more questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Whistlin Hunter

New Member with more questions

Post by Whistlin Hunter »

Hi All!
I am a new member and have been reading posts from all of you for months now. I have been bow huntinging only for the last 30 years except for last season due to the fact that I can no longer pull a vertical bow due to shoulder problems. (abuse and age). I feel like I know many of you already from the untold number of hours I have spent on this forum as a guest. Most all my questions have been answered from that time. I have resently ordered a Vortex and accessories. The accessories have already come ( ordered seperatly because I had gift cert. from Bass Pro) I found what I suspect is an 2008 Vortex (Realtree Hardwoods Kolorfusion) from a source (www.archerycreek.com) for $476.00. The problem I am worried about is that I ordered the bow 5 days ago and after several emails they still assure me the bow is in stock and they will send me a tracking # as soon as it ships but I still have not recieved it yet (tracking #). Has anyone done any business with these people or heard anything about them. I gave them until 3:00pm eastern time today to get me the tracking # or I am canceling my order to find another source (suggestion?). My only other question is on Flemished stings. I have been making homemade laminated bamboo longbows for over ten years and flemish strings. What are the differences for xbow (ie. what materials are best, number of strands, serving material, etc.), and where is the best place for me to get sts system? Thanks, and thank you Excalibur marketing dude for putting up with my pestering to get activated :D
"If hunting is an addiction, then I'm an addict."

2008 Vortex
STS
GT Laser II
Vari-Zone scope
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

they have been selling vortex on ebay for $430 price range. Flemish strings just shorter 35 1/2 to 36 " length and BCY xx452 material. strands i hear from 28 up to 40. pm Boo he builds alot of strings also ask him about the STS
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Welcome to the forum. I had also followed the forum for months reading up on xbows. This forum was one of the reasons I bought Excal. Great people and great company.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!

Archer's nook is always a good place to check when shopping!
http://www.archersnook.com/catalogue.php?Category=102
(be sure to click on USD for the US price) Looks like the Vortex is $477. USD from them, and they are a very dependably company to deal with in my experience. It takes a few extra days for shipping, but usually it isn't too long of a wait.
wabi