1st time use of carbon arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

opossum

1st time use of carbon arrows

Post by opossum »

Here are some arrows I got from Crazyfarmer and fletched.He had the green wrap on the one when I got it.I like the looks of the wraps so now I am going to order some for the rest of the carbons and my aluminum arrows.The arrow with the wrap and blazer vanes weighs 423 grains with a 100 grain point.The one with 5" vanes weighs 434.5 with 100 gr point.My 2219 with a 100gr point ,5" vains weigh 466grs.[img][img]http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp10 ... CI0057.jpg[/img][/img]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

visit onestringer.com and get some wraps from them..

1.25 x 4 to 7inches are ideal

looking good.. what glue did you use? With goat tuff, you dont even need to have the glue coming out of the sides of the fletching

looks like a 4 degree offset?
opossum

Post by opossum »

I used Fletch tite platinum on the vanes.It worked good on the wrap.The shaft without the wrap the vanes came off first try :x .I cleaned shaft with alochol and tried it again.I used to much glue that time.I am going to order some wraps and redo it.What color is that wrap green or neon green?I am going to try those two to see what shoots best.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

its supposed to be Fl Green.... but its more green to me than Fl!

goat tuff is about the best glue you can get for bare shafts;) just keep a paper towel hand when fletching and roll up a little peice and run that downside the vane to get the extra glue off;) Thats just if you want a clean job, but as long as it holds thats all that matters :D I havent seen any different in flight between access glue beeding up and a clean wipe job