Black Quiver?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Black Quiver?

Post by one shot scott »

It turns out that im in the market for a new excal quiver. I tried to check out Cabella's but their home page would not load for me. So I went to ebay to look around and I noticed that some are selling excal quivers with the word black in brackets behind the description. I assume that they are refering to the "hood". Anyone know if this is an option? I thought all were camo?
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I have a black one... If I bought another I'd be looking for one with a second set of retainers ("grippy thingies") as mine only has the one.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

yes they make black ones and they are a little cheaper, be careful off ebay cause you can buy a black one for under 25 bucks. Watch shipping off ebay
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Vix has grippy envy.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Mike P wrote:Vix has grippy envy.
Awwww.... Mike! I was afraid you were going to see my post! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Vix, are you saying that there are quivers that hold more than 4 bolts?
Last edited by one shot scott on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

No - they only hold 4 bolts, but some have two retainers for added security (those rubber fingers that hold the arrow - don't ask me what the real name is for them... I don't have a clue! :lol:) . Mine only has one.

(OK Mike, it's all yours again! :lol: )
Last edited by VixChix on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greener

black quivers

Post by greener »

Scot: Gagnon Sports in Oshawa have the new style two - grip black Excalibur quivers in stock. Thumb screw lock-down not the old style lever lock. They will ship to you. Send an email to www.gagnonsports .com Cost is around $29.00 ( plus shipping )
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Thanks everyone! I was not aware that I knew so little about excals quivers until i started looking for a new one!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

VixChix wrote:No - they only hold 4 bolts, but some have two retainers for added security (those rubber fingers that hold the arrow - don't ask me what the real name is for the... I don't have a clue! :lol:) .
The official name for the polymer arrow restraints contained in all quivers was decided by the Quiver Manufacturers Association of North America in 1998 by the Standards of Industrial Manufacturing Advisory Board.

It was decided that from 1998 forward the official name assigned to the polymer restraints would be "grippy thingies."
Normous

Post by Normous »

I think Vix started archery in 1998, thats probably when she learned and started using the official name "grippy thingies".
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :!:
You guys crack me up!
No wonder I hang out here... good for heart and mind to laugh out loud!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I checked with the Shewee Manufactures Association of North America and noticed that the Shewee is made from the same kind of grippy polymer.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

enormous wrote:I checked with the Shewee Manufactures Association of North America and noticed that the Shewee is made from the same kind of grippy polymer.
ImageImageImage :lol:

I first ventured into archery with a recurve in 2000 - no grippy thingies for those quivers.... :lol: