Bolts,Carbon Fiber Vs.Aluminum

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Huntz

Bolts,Carbon Fiber Vs.Aluminum

Post by Huntz »

I have no clue about which is better for crossbow use.I will be getting 6 carbon Fiber with the package deal I bought.Please give me some guidence on what might be better.Thanks ahead,Huntz
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
cabinfever

Post by cabinfever »

There is a poll on page 2 it looks like 65% like carbon. I shoot carbon with
the crossbow because they came with it. I might switch to carbon with my
compound if my shoulder ever heals.
exocet 200
grounponder
lumizone
mathews switchback
high country extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

I prefer carbon over aluminum. I do have and shoot both. Carbon resists bending unlike alumium. You will be fine with you carbon package.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

carbon because it breaks before bending :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i use and shoot both, to which is better ? they both have pro's & cons. best thing to do is try both then whichever you find that appeals to you . buy them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
VA Bigbore

Post by VA Bigbore »

I started the poll, discussed above. I prefer aluminum over the carbon. I have always shot aluminum with my compound and make my own arrows. I can make the carbon too, but I have all the components for aluminum. As stated, aluminum bends. But, fiberglass shatters. Carbon is certainly more foregiving if you hit something, but if you hit something hard it won't matter, neither will survive, in my experience. I did a little testing just the other day and I found that my Phoenix (with broadheads) prefers the aluminum bolts I have better than the carbon bolts that came with the package that I bought. Both shot to the same spot with field points, but the carbons wind-planed with the broadheads. My aluminum arrows (Easton 2216) weigh almost exactly 100gr more than my Excalibur carbon shafts and hit exactly where my field tips did. I am guessing that the additional weight of the aluminum helps to stabilize the arrow in flight better. Both bolts have 5" fletch and are identical in length (+/- 1/4"). My broadheads are 100gr Wasp SST Hammer.
michiganman

carbon

Post by michiganman »

there are 5 in my hunting family all bowhunters.I'm now the first crossbow hunter.for durability carbon all the way,for all 5 of us.i personally think they out penetrate the aluminum.also stated above the carbon wind planed more,but the aluminum weighed more.put another 100 grains on the front of that carbon and equal out the weight,and i would think the panning would be the same.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado