Where does one find a STS???????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Huntz

Where does one find a STS???????

Post by Huntz »

What does it do ?????Any Pics????Thankx Huntz
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

bowhuntersuperstore.com
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Real McCoy wrote:bowhuntersuperstore.com
try searching on here also;) should be a few pics floating around :D
cabinfever

Post by cabinfever »

look at the post on here (another new convert) the bow the lady is shooting has the sts on it. It is a string stop vibration damper.
exocet 200
grounponder
lumizone
mathews switchback
high country extreme
VA Bigbore

Re: Where does one find a STS???????

Post by VA Bigbore »

Huntz wrote:What does it do ?????Any Pics????Thankx Huntz
As stated, it is a vibration dampener. It is supposed to quite the string when you shoot. I just got mine, haven't gotten it installed yet, but posts from others say it really helps with the noise. I bought mine from Ye Olde Archery Shoppe. I'll post a link below.

STS Excalibur Double Crossbow System
http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/exca ... -6270.html

[/url]
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Here is a picture of my Phoenix with the STS system on it. I think they made a very noticable difference in the setup. I can hear the metal arrow holder clank as it is being shot even though I put heat shrink on it. I would recomend it to everyone. No matter what you do you're not going to get all the noise out of a crossbow. The more you do to quiten it down the more it is going to cut your speed back. Its the nature of the beast and you just have to learn to live with some of it.

theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Here is a picture of my Phoenix with the STS system on it. I think they made a very noticable difference in the setup. I can hear the metal arrow holder clank as it is being shot even though I put heat shrink on it. I would recomend it to everyone. No matter what you do you're not going to get all the noise out of a crossbow. The more you do to quiten it down the more it is going to cut your speed back. Its the nature of the beast and you just have to learn to live with some of it.

fogducker

Post by fogducker »

i got mine otta Boo,s tool box :D ..
thanks again Boo :)
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I love my sts, Once you get one you will see why. What a difference. Quiets the bow and adds some limb insurance.
Big John

m

Post by Big John »

You said it. :wink:
Some noise reduction, but for sure added safety.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

Thanks for the info.Looks like something else I will be needing!!! :D
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

initally bought mine to quiet down the bow but a custom boo string did that ... sts and a good boo string are a must but if funds are tough i 'd get the sts first, as it will help protect from dry fire .....then save for a boo string ..... both will quiet down the bow and take out all the vibe out ...bought mine at bow hunters superstore thru ebay ...do a few searchers as you can find them at different prices ....mine was around 45 bucks plus 5 for shipping ...
Boo

Post by Boo »

warningshot wrote:initally bought mine to quiet down the bow but a custom boo string did that ... sts and a good boo string are a must but if funds are tough i 'd get the sts first, as it will help protect from dry fire .....then save for a boo string ..... both will quiet down the bow and take out all the vibe out ...bought mine at bow hunters superstore thru ebay ...do a few searchers as you can find them at different prices ....mine was around 45 bucks plus 5 for shipping ...
Agreed 100%!!!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Leonard Hawkins

STS

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

If you put STS on bow would you still need dissipator bars and pads ? You would be adding weight to front and by removing bars and pad it would not be as noticable. hawk :roll:
Boo

Post by Boo »

That's a question only you can answer. To find out you have to get new limb brackets and bolts to eliminate the DB pads and bars, then shoot it to see how if feels and sounds. It's a minor difference in noise/shock reduction and weight compared to the STS. Worth it to you? Donno but I've left mine on because I think any reduction of noise/shock is worth it to me given no speed loss and a few ounces. But that's me. Wabi put on an STS and then removed it because that's him.
Some people just like stepping on rakes