Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
DeepSouthHunter

Post by DeepSouthHunter »

Real McCoy wrote:Welcome DeepSouth - you will like it here - a place where Tigers and Bama can exist side by side. Where in Ala are you - have a son living in Birmingham. GEAUX TIGERS! :)
I live in Baldwin County and pull for the orange and blue tigers.....War Eagle!!!
DeepSouthHunter

crazyfarmer wrote:it depends on which string you use on your bow.. with the FFF string and a 430grain setup it would be in the 305 range

with the excel string it would be in the 280-290 range roughly with that 150grain head

the excalibur speed rating is reached with the FFF string and a 350grain arrow just so you know for future reference
Thanks crazy....I only have the string that came with the bow and the extra one from the accessory package so I have the excel string. I was just wondering my speed so I could utilize the arrow performance charts.

I get the impression reading around on this forum that you make arrows for some people. Could you give me more information in this thread or PM me when you have time? I probably don't need any right now but I'd like to know where to find good ones when the time does come.
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

DeepSouth - Glad to hear that you are a Tiger fan. The orange and blue is my favorite Ala team. Use to like the Tide but that was pre-Saban. lol
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
Normous

Post by Normous »

Thanks Bob, nice chrono I might add!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Whistlin Hunter

Post by Whistlin Hunter »

Welcome, Just got my Vortex 2 days ago know just how you feel. Your in for a reat :D :D
"If hunting is an addiction, then I'm an addict."

2008 Vortex
STS
GT Laser II
Vari-Zone scope
DeepSouthHunter

Real McCoy wrote:DeepSouth - Glad to hear that you are a Tiger fan. The orange and blue is my favorite Ala team. Use to like the Tide but that was pre-Saban. lol
Yea...I'm not a Saban fan either. He is worshiped like a "god" in Alabama now by the majority of fans and the media and it's sickening. I like LSU well enough except for when they play Auburn of course. :wink:
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

When LSU and Auburn plays at least you know the tigers are going to win. There are some in La that don' like Miles but I think we wound up with the best coach - he doesn't say one thing and do the opposite. Tide had their year last year. With the new coach maybe this will be the year of the orange and blue in Ala.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
DeepSouthHunter

The Auburn vs. LSU game is always a great game from the opening kick off all the way to the last tick off the clock. The guys on both teams leave it all on the field in that game.

I have another question about my crossbow....I put the factory string on it last night and the serving on the string does not center over the rail. I haven't taken any measurements but for explanation sake it's like the serving extends a half inch past the rail on the right side and a full inch on the left side. Make sense? Will this cause me any problems? I haven't even cocked the crossbow yet since putting the string on. Will this straighten out once the string gets stretched more?