Another New Member of the Excalibur Family

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DeepSouthHunter

Another New Member of the Excalibur Family

Post by DeepSouthHunter »

Hello everyone! I'm Justin from Alabama and my new Exocet 200 and "The Right Stuff" standard accessory package is scheduled to be delivered by UPS today!!! I've been a compound bow shooter for about 5 years now but the crossbow has always intrigued me. I can't wait to start slinging bolts and learning all I can learn from all of you guys and gals. The only thing I'll be missing is a non-magnified scope since that is all we are allowed to hunt with. :(
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Welcome Justin!

I'm thinking that the scope issue will be resolved in time...

In the meantime, enjoy your foray into the wonderful world of the xbow! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
cabinfever

Post by cabinfever »

Welcome
Truglo has a new speed compensated red dot that maybe a good fit for that states the don't allow magnification. I might go with the truglo after I see some reviews of it. I currently have the Lumi zone which is allowed here in Ohio, I have not hunted with it yet. I will try it in a hunting situation before I make an opinion on magnification in short yardage hunting. The Lumi zone works great during my target shooting so I think it will be okay when hunting, time will tell.
exocet 200
grounponder
lumizone
mathews switchback
high country extreme
xbow kenny

Post by xbow kenny »

Welcome to the forum! You will love your new crossbow, they are one 0f the best hunting tools of all imo.
I own P&R archery and sport. i sell excalibur crossbows and more. i also make custom strings and arrows. Relayer Y25 #559 Kenny custom string
Boo

Post by Boo »

Welcome to the forum!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Welcome!
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

welcome, glad you have a great CB to shoot
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Welcome to the forum. Hope you will enjoy your new xbow as much as I have.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
DeepSouthHunter

Thanks for the warm reception everyone!

Does anyone know the weight of the Firebolt Arrows that come with the accessory package?
Normous

Post by Normous »

Welcome friend. About 280 grain without tip.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
cdup

Post by cdup »

Welcome!
Respect everyone, but fear no one
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Welcome to the crossbow family. I am practising my new compound bow past couple days. Shot it once a month ago when I first got it and had no idea where arrow went. Got lost in the snow. Was hoping it wasn't in my nabours air conditioner unit LOL Got sight set this am being a warm 7 degree celcius outside. We all want to learn new things. Need help you can search or just ask. Lots of help on this site. By the way I found the arrow this am in my yard after majority of the snow melted.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry too much about being stuck with using a red dot. Even a single dot is very effective if you learn your bow's trajectory & sight-in accordingly.
I sight my main crosshair on my Vari-Zone scope at 25 yards on my Phoenix. That way a center of the kill zone hold with put the arrow through the vitals of any deer within 30 yards. No need to worry about the exact range or using the yardage marks in the scope, just keep shots within 30 yards - put the crosshair in the center of the kill zone & the deer will be dead (as long as you do your part in the aim & squeeze the trigger sequence).
wabi
HW

Post by HW »

Welcome!
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
DeepSouthHunter

wabi wrote:Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry too much about being stuck with using a red dot. Even a single dot is very effective if you learn your bow's trajectory & sight-in accordingly.
I sight my main crosshair on my Vari-Zone scope at 25 yards on my Phoenix. That way a center of the kill zone hold with put the arrow through the vitals of any deer within 30 yards. No need to worry about the exact range or using the yardage marks in the scope, just keep shots within 30 yards - put the crosshair in the center of the kill zone & the deer will be dead (as long as you do your part in the aim & squeeze the trigger sequence).
wabi....awesome post! I may take this very approach since it seems to follow the KISS method. I resemble the last "S" a lot of times....especially when trying to outsmart deer. I can't wait to get home and start playing with my new toy.