A whole whack of new members recently

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

terrym

Post by terrym »

I'm new around here but what the hell, bids start at........................... :D
Whistlin Hunter

Post by Whistlin Hunter »

If your going by IQ's Mine must be way down there because I don't have a clue as to what you all are talking about :? What contest? :?
"If hunting is an addiction, then I'm an addict."

2008 Vortex
STS
GT Laser II
Vari-Zone scope
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i agree with awshucks, more states allowing CB's and more ppl are getting them. lets get all 50 states on board for CB's. the contest just make sure its and honest deal
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I get myself in to enough trouble with only one name.

Good to see lots of new faces though!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

Boo wrote:Do you think it could have something to do with a contest? I guessing it would be really easy to figure out if someone won by the votes of new members. That would be very embarrassing! Anyone doing that would have to have an IQ of 50 or less! LOL!
Boo,
I think it's just pure coincidence all the new members are joining now.
This time of year hunting has slowed down and people are looking for ways to keep the thought of hunting in their mind.
The new members should be encouraged to vote, as their opinion may be less influenced by "forum politics" and may be more focused on the quality of the fine picture of the quality buck I harvested this year. Maybe you should let members with less than one year on the forum have two votes each, and if all my cousins, nieces, nephews, business associates, and friends...............................
:oops: oops, I mean all those strangerswho have recently joined, choose my picture because of it's superior quality, I'll be pleased to accept the award, whatever it is. (will it be the new camo Vixen?)
wabi
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Hey wabi, You work for Obama? If not I will vote for you for President! LOL
Boo

Post by Boo »

wabi wrote:
Boo wrote:Do you think it could have something to do with a contest? I guessing it would be really easy to figure out if someone won by the votes of new members. That would be very embarrassing! Anyone doing that would have to have an IQ of 50 or less! LOL!
Boo,
This time of year hunting has slowed down and people are looking for ways to keep the thought of hunting in their mind.
The new members should be encouraged to vote, as their opinion may be less influenced by "forum politics" and may be more focused on the quality of the fine picture of the quality buck I harvested this year. Maybe you should let members with less than one year on the forum have two votes each, and if all my cousins, nieces, nephews, business associates, and friends...............................
:oops: oops, I mean all those strangerswho have recently joined, choose my picture because of it's superior quality, I'll be pleased to accept the award, whatever it is. (will it be the new camo Vixen?)
It should be camo, it was just ordered a couple of days ago. I have no worries about the votes. Every vote comes with the form of a post so I think it will be pretty easy to see. Besides good photos are pretty obvious. The main thing is not seeing blood, tongues, gut piles, back of pick-ups, animals hanging, sitting on the animal etc.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

wabi wrote:
Boo,
It should be camo, it was just ordered a couple of days ago. I have no worries about the votes. Every vote comes with the form of a post so I think it will be pretty easy to see. Besides good photos are pretty obvious. The main thing is not seeing blood, tongues, gut piles, back of pick-ups, animals hanging, sitting on the animal etc.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo, you could, let everyone vote and then, have a couple judges you pick to make final decision. then if popular vote doesn't win they just have to explain why. We do that in our bike show that my wife and I put on every year. people understand cause good judges pick out things that people understand. You cannot make everyone happy all the time. Make 80 percent happy you are doing a wonderful job.
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

I am really new here. Spent a long time visiting the forum before I decided to join. Joined because I was new to xbows and this seem like a good forum with really great people who would take the time to help and answer questions - and I have found that to be true. Haven't voted on anything and probably won't until I have been around awhile. If you are worried and what Boo mentioned, while not likely, is a possibility - don't let newbies vote in any contests until they have been a member for a certain length of time or have x-number of posts. That should not be a problem for any legit new member. My 2 cents for what its worth.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I think ACORN has been recruiting for Excalibur...

Any Donald Ducks or Mickey Mouses registered lately? ;)
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

Ok ya made me.My name is Blago and I am from Il.Whats the going rate on a vote these days?????? :lol:
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Search Descending and from page #1 to page # 42 ... there are 2100 new members ..

Approx 12 legit ... the rest are spammers :shock:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

R.J. wrote:Search Descending and from page #1 to page # 42 ... there are 2100 new members ..

Approx 12 legit ... the rest are spammers :shock:
I was shocked to see the number of spammers as well
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
warpipe

Post by warpipe »

What, you mean I don't get a free crossbow just for joining!