Sticky Suggestion

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Sticky Suggestion

Post by Mike P »

As was mentioned in another thread, there has been a fairly large influx of new people joining our forum. And we are seeing a lot more posts from our new friends asking questions like "Can anyone tell me about Boo strings" and "where do I find out about groundpounder mounts?"

And each time an explanation is given cheerfully. I was wondering if it would not be easier if we had a sticky with the title line being something like "Members Products" or "Products by Members" with explanations, features and benefits, costs, and instructions if needed. It would be very easy to refer our new members to a sticky containing all the information they want.

We have more members then ever before offering products or services. I think that is great. And I cannot wait to see what unique product will next be discovered via the fertile minds of our members. (Note: I think the frying pan target needs a little more field work before being released.)

Your thoughts?
cdup

Post by cdup »

I agree, It would be beneficial for all.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
saxman

Post by saxman »

Good idea Mike.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
mikej

Post by mikej »

i agree good idea mike
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

It occurred to me that we could replace the sticky "Updating Forum Software" as it is no longer relevant and replace it with this idea without increasing the number of sticky's.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Good idea Mike.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Ive noticed various vendor/members have started threads in the trading post section, with their contact info perhaps making those threads stickys would help
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

bigsy wrote:Ive noticed various vendor/members have started threads in the trading post section, with their contact info perhaps making those threads stickys would help
I agree that stickys in the Trading Post would make the most sense - that would save the known vendors such as GroundPounder's mounts, Boo's strings, Bucont's calls, etc. from having to TTT.

One other comment - I would suggest that we keep from replying or commenting needlessly to stickys. Some of them are pages long with no real information. If people need to ask a question, they could send a PM to the vendor and leave it up to the vendor to post any necessary additional information. (Only for the stickys... The rest of the threads are fair game for "the usual"! :lol: )
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I agree that stickys in the Trading Post would make the most sense - that would save the known vendors such as GroundPounder's mounts, Boo's strings, Bucont's calls, etc. from having to TTT.

One other comment - I would suggest that we keep from replying or commenting needlessly to stickys. Some of them are pages long with no real information. If people need to ask a question, they could send a PM to the vendor and leave it up to the vendor to post any necessary additional information. (Only for the stickys... The rest of the threads are fair game for "the usual"! )
I agree with the trading post having Sticky's! Looking at the numbers of views of Boo's string's and groundpounder mounts shows that these posts have been around for a while. I would also like to comment that I always try and purchace from forum members versus stores. Alot of great people to work with here!
Why ride when you can walk!
killshot

Post by killshot »

Trading post sticky's great idea
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-zone Scope
150 Grain Boltcutters
NGSS
cabinfever

Post by cabinfever »

The sticky post sounds like a good idea to me. I was wondering about the frying pan target, was that done to keep someone from doing some bad cooking in it.
exocet 200
grounponder
lumizone
mathews switchback
high country extreme