New Excalibur Cheek Piece

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Oxford Caller

Post by Oxford Caller »

Not sure of the differences in the stocks, but was at the bow shop few weeks back and was told they have a jig to mount the new cheek piece. Also was told you may need to modify the cheek weld on older stocks to axcept new cheek piece.( the cheek weld area is to wide) Not sure what years or models this means.
Paradox
Drop Zone
x-bowhunr

Post by x-bowhunr »

I saw and handled the new cheek piece and rubber buttplate extension kit at Excalibur's display at the Pittsburgh sports show last weekend. Peter said they would definitely fit my crossbow's thumbhole stock. The check pieces added height and width does comfortably align your face and eyes better with optical sights. As theoldarcher posted, a piece of pipe insulation placed on the comb of the stock is much cheaper, plus warm and soft too. Yet, I feel the Excal. add-on is comfortable and reasonably priced so am ordering one. As I do with all composite gun stocks, I will cut and add a camo moleskin adhesive pad to the cheek piece to provide the warmth and softness I like too.
The buttplate extension kit has 3 different width rubber buttpads with it so the shooter can choose the correct size to properly position his/her face to the cheekpiece position as well as trigger hand comfortably to the pistol grip position, especially if the standard stock's length of pull feels short for you. Another advantage of the rubber buttpad is having a non-slip stock end against your shoulder while aiming and firing. For these advantages plus a reasonable price, I am ordering that kit too.
Timothy
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

I mailed excal and the told me that the x-tender should fit my 2008 Phoenix, even thou i have the old metal thingie to fit the sling. So I hope that is true.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Skarek wrote:I mailed excal and the told me that the x-tender should fit my 2008 Phoenix, even thou i have the old metal thingie to fit the sling. So I hope that is true.
my 08 phoenix has the metal sling stud but not the 5 lines by the trigger so it won't fit mine :x :x
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

My Excals with scopes weigh enough without adding any more weight. The Pine insulation, with 2 faced tape inside, gives me great eye/scope alignment and cost little.
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

mikej wrote:my 08 phoenix has the metal sling stud but not the 5 lines by the trigger so it won't fit mine :x :x
Then you have the same model as mine, but the support still claims the X-tender will fit it.
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

I couldn't stand it no more! I broke down and ordered a new cheek piece for my Phoenix tonight from Bow Hunters Superstore along with a Quiver mount. It should be here in about a week so I will be posting pictures later and let you know how I like it. Next week I will order my Excalibur Quiver and I should be set and ready. Hope the wife don't find out :lol:
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Oldarcher

Hope you get your cheek piece in a week - means I will be getting mine soon. Placed an order Feb 12 th. A week later when order had not shipped contacted them and they told me Ecal was using all of them on production bows and they should have some in a week. Still waiting. But wife says I could use some patience so trying to wait like a big boy.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Well you were right. I ordered my cheek piece on March 2nd and as of today March 12th, I was told by bow hunters super store that it would be possibly another week before they get any cheek pieces in. They really don't know when they will become available to them they just keep hoping to get them as quicly as possible. So I guess I'm in the hury up and wait mode till then.
dutchhunter

cheek piece

Post by dutchhunter »

i have my cheek piece and just loove it makes a worl of diff DUTCH
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Run to the mail box every day (it is not ecxactly a run) with hope of finally seeing the elusive "Ecal Cheek Piece" in all its glory. So far only disappointment. Does it really exist or is it just a dream.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

I understand that there is a lot of new crossbows being manufactured and they have to have them for the crossbows they are producing but I sure wish that Bill T would throw his faithful followers a bone and get a few to the bowhunters super store so that we could get our hands on them too! After my quiver and mount get here this week that will be all I like other than flip up caps and my rig will be complete. I am soooooo excited about getting my Phoenix finished. I guess patience has never been my virtue
dutchhunter

cheek piece

Post by dutchhunter »

thy had some at the nook in london thy would probly mail one out DUTCH
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

Bad post... Thought you could delete it... You could a while ago...