New Excalibur Cheek Piece

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

darwal44

New Excalibur Cheek Piece

Post by darwal44 »

Hi. Excalibur have made new accessories for the stock. It has designed a cheek piece that makes the end part of the stock thicker. I think that a lot of us have been waiting something like this, because the end part of the stock always seemed to thin for me (compared with other crossbows) and I knew I wasn't the only one with this opinion.
Also Excalibur has designed a rubber piece for the part that makes contact with your shoulder.
I've seen the pics of these items in the ATA SHOW 2009.

Does someone knows where I can find these pieces for my Exomax? A web page maybe, because they aren't in Cabelas.
Thanks
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

bowhuntersupersstore.com has them as well as all the other extras. I wanted to know the same thing and was planning to buy one but I listened to one of the veteran crossbowers and just put a .10 cent piece of copper pipe insulation to the stock and like it. It put the scope right where it needed to be with my cheek and it is good and warm to my cheek as well.
darwal44

Thanks

Post by darwal44 »

Thank you very much. I found them.
just a feed boy

Post by just a feed boy »

I got to see it in person and try it at the Harrisburg Sportsman show at the excalibur booth. I really liked the fit. If you shoot your bow a lot it is in a more comfortable position to shoot. I will not be buying one right away, I've got lots of gear on my list I want more. But for some one with obsessive compulsive gear disorder I can see it on many bows in this forum.
mikej

Post by mikej »

is it true that they won't fit any stock
PaBowhunter

Post by PaBowhunter »

They are available I saw them it the store and at several different booths at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harisburg PA. I have the new 2009 Equinox and it comes with the cheek piece already on it. www.bowhunterssuperstore.com Check it out there Thanks and enjoy Don in PA.
Stash

Post by Stash »

The guys from Excalibur told me the cheek pieces fit all the thumbhole stocks, plus the newer standard stocks made in 2008 or later.

There is a small threaded hole on top of the stock where the cheekpiece is screwed on. If you have an older bow you have to drill and tap this hole yourself.

The extenders fit all the Excaliburs with composite stocks.

But better call Excalibur to make sure - I've been known to get my "facts" wrong once in a while... :oops:
mikej

Post by mikej »

thanks stash. so the only difference is the screw hole?
TPM

Post by TPM »

so the only difference is the screw hole?
No, I think there is a difference in the stock profile also. They may fit older stocks with some modification.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
TPM

Post by TPM »

The cheek-piece's and X-Tenders will not fit older traditonal plastic stocks.

For the Excal catalogue:

* OUR NEW TRADITIONAL STOCKS ARE IDENTIFIED BY THE FIVE DIAGONAL
SLASH MARKS LOCATED ON THE FOREND ON EITHER SIDE OF THE TRIGGER
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
mikej

Post by mikej »

what is the difference in the stocks other then the lines
Oxford Caller

Post by Oxford Caller »

Not sure of the differences in the stocks, but was at the bow shop few weeks back and was told they have a jig to mount the new cheek piece. Also was told you may need to modify the cheek weld on older stocks to axcept new cheek piece.( the cheek weld area is to wide) Not sure what years or models this means.
Paradox
Drop Zone
x-bowhunr

Post by x-bowhunr »

I saw and handled the new cheek piece and rubber buttplate extension kit at Excalibur's display at the Pittsburgh sports show last weekend. Peter said they would definitely fit my crossbow's thumbhole stock. The check pieces added height and width does comfortably align your face and eyes better with optical sights. As theoldarcher posted, a piece of pipe insulation placed on the comb of the stock is much cheaper, plus warm and soft too. Yet, I feel the Excal. add-on is comfortable and reasonably priced so am ordering one. As I do with all composite gun stocks, I will cut and add a camo moleskin adhesive pad to the cheek piece to provide the warmth and softness I like too.
The buttplate extension kit has 3 different width rubber buttpads with it so the shooter can choose the correct size to properly position his/her face to the cheekpiece position as well as trigger hand comfortably to the pistol grip position, especially if the standard stock's length of pull feels short for you. Another advantage of the rubber buttpad is having a non-slip stock end against your shoulder while aiming and firing. For these advantages plus a reasonable price, I am ordering that kit too.
Timothy
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

I mailed excal and the told me that the x-tender should fit my 2008 Phoenix, even thou i have the old metal thingie to fit the sling. So I hope that is true.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Skarek wrote:I mailed excal and the told me that the x-tender should fit my 2008 Phoenix, even thou i have the old metal thingie to fit the sling. So I hope that is true.
my 08 phoenix has the metal sling stud but not the 5 lines by the trigger so it won't fit mine :x :x