Bow all set up and running.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Huntz

Bow all set up and running.

Post by Huntz »

Got my bow in last Mon.(Vortex)All the gear I ordered trickled in during the week and I got it all together yesterday.Lumi Scope, STS,carbon bolts.I was really suprised at how bright the scope is.In fact all the Excalibur gear seems to be of high quality.Anyway today I sighted the bow in(Not really,first bolt was about an inch left of dead center at 10 yds.)I really like the trigger pull.I am a rifle shooter and am very finicky about trigger pull and this is great.I set the target at 20 yds.(Thats as far as I can shoot in my basement.)I shot 40 bolts offhand and am very impressed).I am planning on using the bow for Turkey this Spring.Yup, I am more than a little excited about using this new outfit on game.I am going to try and call some Yotes in during the week and am hoping I get a chance at one!!!!!!Thanks one and all for your good advice. Huntz :D
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Congrats on a great purchase Huntz!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Enjoy! :D
Grizz
mikej

Post by mikej »

congrats enjoy
chadermaran

Post by chadermaran »

Good luck Huntz! Where abouts in ne Wisconsin are you? I grew up in the Pembine area and live just across the border in Michigan now.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Congrats on the bow, sounds like you are all set up and ready to go! Coyote hunting with a bow is very rewarding and your bow is more than up for the job.
20 yards in your basement? Oh how I wish I could do that.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Cool hope you get a yote that close to shoot it with your new toy!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
terrym

Post by terrym »

That's my next bow. I think the Vortex is an ideal combination of power and size. Not that my Phoenix doesn't punch through deer accurately but if you throw moose into the equation then the 200lbs and heavier arrows makes sense.
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

chadermaran wrote:Good luck Huntz! Where abouts in ne Wisconsin are you? I grew up in the Pembine area and live just across the border in Michigan now.

I live in Amberg Township.We are almost neighbors!!!! :D
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!