geese in S. Ontario

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbhntr

geese in S. Ontario

Post by xbhntr »

An extra goose season opens this February 28 - March 7. Do we need any special license or are we still covered by our Migratory duck stamp 2008? I'm going to try to the Grand river depending upon the amount of ice. Ray.
terrym

Post by terrym »

HHmmm. That might be fun. Are they using fields much that time of year? I haven't goose hunted since I lived in Quebec and it was snow geese we hunted then. Might be fun since nothing else is open then anyway.
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Down in WMU 93 there are a few flocks of geese returning.

The fields are bare in only a few spots.

The only thing you need besides your '08 bird stamp is knowing for sure there was no sunday gun hunting or the season is closed!

good luck!

oneshot..
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Definatly going to be outthere, have some nice spots loaded with birds!!!!

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
LeGrand

Re: geese in S. Ontario

Post by LeGrand »

[quote="xbhntr"]An extra goose season opens this February 28 - March 7. Do we need any special license or are we still covered by our Migratory duck stamp 2008? I'm going to try to the Grand river depending upon the amount of ice. Ray.[/quote]

Your 2008 Migratory Bird License is still good for the Spring Hunt, but you need to renew (i.e., purchase) your 2009 small game license to use it (it has always been a condition, can't hunt without the two).
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.