middleton crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowkidd

middleton crossbows

Post by xbowkidd »

I recently started an over haul on my exocet and one thing i wanted to do was get Teflon coating done, it turned out to be a little out of my price range. so i decided instead to get all the alum parts on the bow hard anodized in black. I dropped them off last week with no problems, when i went back to pick them up today the owner of the company wanted to speak with me. he wanted to know what kind of crossbow these parts came from, so i proudly told him that they were Excalibur parts made over on Shirley ave. he left the room for a moment and returned holding a middleton bow and extra rail, my first response was "oh cool a middleton, i think they took a bunch of their ideas from Excalibur". he quickly informed me that he was good friends with the owner and had done a bunch of work for him. he then went on to tell me that not only were no ideas taken from Excalibur but Excalibur is using dated technology and that middleton are all around superior bows. I had no response and no desire to start arguing with the guy so i just did my best to swallow it and let it go. oh and i almost forgot, he didn't have the stirrup on his bow and when i asked him why he said it was because it stuck out of his blind to far. so i asked him how he cocks it and he put the riser to the floor one foot on each limb and yanked it up. i know everyone is entitled to their opinion and i guess i just realized that i am very opinionated about my excalibur. sorry if this bothers anyone, just needed to vent a bit. but the happy ending is that all my parts look really amazing, flat black is a good look for excal. i will post pics when its all done.
Team Dryfire
TPM

Post by TPM »

Option #1 - Remove the stirrup. Option #2 - Buy a bigger blind! :roll:

You can't argue with some people. I would have asked him about the Middleton bow that fell apart at the Big 3D shoot last year up in Barrie. The guy had to finish with a borrowed Excal.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
mikej

Post by mikej »

i had a similer experience with a bow shop when i went looking for my first excal. the owner tried to sell me a middleton instead because they were better and faster and past were easily available because if he couldn't get them from middleton he could use excal parts on it. what a joke i haven't been back to his store since
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

This middleton guy just won't go away, will he? :roll:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bigsy wrote:This middleton guy just won't go away, will he? :roll:
Orville Redenbacher or Pop Weaver? :lol: :wink:
Grizz
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

Orville Redenbacher or Pop Weaver?
am i missing something?
Team Dryfire
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Outdated. Why change the wheel if it works. Everyone is trying for FASTER , but is anyone more accurate? I think not. To many moving parts for the speed, heavier, etc. I think Excal is leading the pack and everyone else is trying to catch-up by bad- mouthing their competition.IMHO
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

We will see which company stands the test of time. I know where my bet is going. :lol:
mikej

Post by mikej »

N8tr Boy wrote:Outdated. Why change the wheel if it works. Everyone is trying for FASTER , but is anyone more accurate? I think not. To many moving parts for the speed, heavier, etc. I think Excal is leading the pack and everyone else is trying to catch-up by bad- mouthing their competition.IMHO
well said
wabi

Post by wabi »

one shot scott wrote:We will see which company stands the test of time. I know where my bet is going. :lol:
I think a lot of us are betting on Excalibur! :wink:
wabi
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

wabi wrote:
one shot scott wrote:We will see which company stands the test of time. I know where my bet is going. :lol:
I think a lot of us are betting on Excalibur! :wink:
DITTIO WABI!!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Eli's in Simcoe is one of those dealers who tries to push the Middelton crap, The guy never shuts up in the first place, after listening to his BS speech about Middleton bows I have to assume everything from his mouth is a attempt at deceit. I know he is just mad at Excal for other reasons but tries to project it as Fiddleton bows being a decent product.
I wont go in to what I feel about clones unless this thread keeps going, but I have a very cut and dried opinion on that bows maker, or anyone else who sits in this country and clones another mans work. I will never forget the moment Dan at Eli's said "Derek Middelton spent his whole life making this bow", he tried so hard to say it with conviction. Quite frankly I could have spat in his face. Instead I simply walked out, never to return.
Another store that hangs them up on display is GK's gunroom in London, I bought my first rifle from him and also my wife's first rifle, after seeing that damn bow hanging on the wall I have removed him from my weekly gun shop route as well.
It isn't about brand loyalty to me, not about better or more modern, it is simply about ethics, and that middleton guy lacks any form of class, this isn't China and we shouldn't have to put up with that type of competition. I worry about the day I run in to that low life, I know it is inevitable with as much time as I spend in sporting good stores in southern Ontario. I have a lot to say to him, a lot.
Think I am an ass on the computer? you should see me when you can't shut it off. Nothing, and I mean nothing gets under my skin faster in the business world than that kind of ethics, or lack there of.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
ch312

Post by ch312 »

pyd...just make sure you have a hidden video camera rigged up when you meet him :D

the fact is people try to copy others people inventions. some turn out to be better and are excepted while others suck and are considered "welfare" brands due to their poor quality.

middleton = job mate, ford or gucci
excalibur = rigid, toyota or value village

:lol: :lol: :lol:
huntman

Post by huntman »

Pydpiper wrote:Eli's in Simcoe is one of those dealers who tries to push the Middelton crap, The guy never shuts up in the first place, after listening to his BS speech about Middleton bows I have to assume everything from his mouth is a attempt at deceit. I know he is just mad at Excal for other reasons but tries to project it as Fiddleton bows being a decent product.
I wont go in to what I feel about clones unless this thread keeps going, but I have a very cut and dried opinion on that bows maker, or anyone else who sits in this country and clones another mans work. I will never forget the moment Dan at Eli's said "Derek Middelton spent his whole life making this bow", he tried so hard to say it with conviction. Quite frankly I could have spat in his face. Instead I simply walked out, never to return.
Another store that hangs them up on display is GK's gunroom in London, I bought my first rifle from him and also my wife's first rifle, after seeing that damn bow hanging on the wall I have removed him from my weekly gun shop route as well.
It isn't about brand loyalty to me, not about better or more modern, it is simply about ethics, and that middleton guy lacks any form of class, this isn't China and we shouldn't have to put up with that type of competition. I worry about the day I run in to that low life, I know it is inevitable with as much time as I spend in sporting good stores in southern Ontario. I have a lot to say to him, a lot.
Think I am an ass on the computer? you should see me when you can't shut it off. Nothing, and I mean nothing gets under my skin faster in the business world than that kind of ethics, or lack there of.

Well said, gotta say you described me as well!
mikej

Post by mikej »

don't hold back piper tell us how you really feel :lol: :lol: