Some questions about Beagles..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Awesome photo! And of course I will look at more. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Our neighbour takes a GSP in for doggie-sitting daily. It's there because it can't be left alone in the house for more than a few hours without being destructive and peeing. Anyone that knows me, knows I love dogs, but I must admit having this dog next door almost all day I've been tempted to take my xbow out. It's main life's goal is to rile up all the other dogs in our neighbourhood. It's insane. I place the blame 100% on the owners for getting this dog thinking it would be a house pet, then having two children. This was absolutely not the breed for them! Although perhaps not typical of the breed, this particular dog is big, very high energy, loud and obnoxious, and doesn't listen. It needs far, far more exercise than they give it, and it needs strong, consistent training. It seems like such a waste.

Other friends that have owned them for hunting have kept them exclusively as outdoor dogs in kennels (which I'm not at all in favour of in our Canadian climate here.)

Personally, given a choice, I'd lean towards a Brittany.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

VixChix wrote: Personally, given a choice, I'd lean towards a Brittany.
A Brittany is not out of the equation either.. I am narrowing it down though. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Pydpiper wrote:
VixChix wrote: Personally, given a choice, I'd lean towards a Brittany.
A Brittany is not out of the equation either.. I am narrowing it down though. :D
There are days I'd say you could have ours! :roll: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

Yes, like any GSP, he drove everyone to drink. :lol:

Life is too short to spend it indoors!
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

i have had and trained several brittanys and would reccomend them, or a springer spaniel for the criteria you described earlier. i have also worked with other pointing breeds with good results, but for an allround pet/ hunting companion that will stay fairly close and come when called i think that you can't beat a brittany. my $0.02 worth... good luck with whatever you get and oh yes i think x2 does help in the training some too.
thanks philip
Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

Here is a link to a Pudelpointer breeder if it is of interest to you.

http://www.pineridgepudelpointers.com/index.htm
Life is too short to spend it indoors!
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

Please do yourself a favour and research the viszla.I had one and he was a great dog.They love kids and attention.Will run allday and hunt close.In my world there the perfect dog as they are very easily trained.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

fuel80guy wrote:Please do yourself a favour and research the viszla.I had one and he was a great dog.They love kids and attention.Will run allday and hunt close.In my world there the perfect dog as they are very easily trained.
I will research any dog that is mentioned in these threads, that is why I am here. :D
WMU 91
Boo string